Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000
not installed yet but will be soon
My Location
southern england
hi
i hope this is in the right place.

im intending to move into the world of satellite without sky so i need a system. im thinking motorised because i know if i start too basic ill get bored. then spend more money upgrading. so which system is best for me. after reading lots of threads it seems technomate are a good buy as dreambox seem a bit much for me. so which model do you recommend tm1500+ tm8000 tm7755 tm7655 what are the pros and cons of these i live in the south of england if that makes a difference and i mainly want to watch the british football thanks in advance for your help.

:confused

Mick21367

Mick21367
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
A cheap 'n' nasty Silvercrest and an old (but good) TM1000D. 28, 19, 16 and 30W
My Location
Scottish Borders
I guess any of the Technomates you mentioned would fit the bill, except for the bit about watching british football - Sky more or less have the rights to the game sewn up, and there's no way to watch the games without subscribing to sky. You might come across some of the games on other satellites - I think, I don't really watch sport - but in general, each country shows its own by subscription.
You shouldn't have any problems getting all the major satellites from where you are, providing you've got clear line of site to the sats (no trees!)

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite=Motorized Triax 88cm&a DM800HD with 500gb hd.Vu+ Duo
My Location
Radcliffe
You can watch prem football on a few sats,42.2e,13e etc,i was watching Arsenal v Fulham this afternoon on Canal,just that the commentry is foreign,i just put the radio on,talk sport etc,you do get a little sat delay but only a second or so.
i've gone for a 1500CI+,dead easy to use as i'm a complete novice:-ohmy

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
well to watch the football then art sports card is a must too as that shows nearly all the games live and it can be had for 99 quid from satcards.co.uk for a 12month prepaid card

those reciever are good and pretty much all the same apart from

tm7755, 2 Viaccess card Slots + 2 Common Interface (cam slots)

tm7655 , 2 Viaccess Slots

tm1500ci , card reader and cam slot plus a sensitive tuner

i have the 1500ci too and its great

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Welcome ams13, As has been stated the TM1500ci+ is an excellent receiver with it magic card reader and cam slot, but also consider the TM 7755 with it's two viaccess card slots and two cam slots and although it does not get as many "patches" as the 1500ci+ you can "card share" with it.
I'm no expert on card sharing but it does seem worth considering. :)

emirim

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+super
My Location
N.Ireland

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
Rob said:
Welcome ams13, As has been stated the TM1500ci+ is an excellent receiver with it magic card reader and cam slot, but also consider the TM 7755 with it's two viaccess card slots and two cam slots and although it does not get as many "patches" as the 1500ci+ you can "card share" with it.
I'm no expert on card sharing but it does seem worth considering. :)

can you get an all cam patch for the 7755 so that you can use the two card readers with any type of cards ?

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
wod said:
can you get an all cam patch for the 7755 so that you can use the two card readers with any type of cards ?

Not that I'm aware of, as the two card readers are for viaccess cards.
Try the Technomate web-site for specs and information and ask Technomate your question.

ams13

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000
not installed yet but will be soon
My Location
southern england
well thanks alot to you all i think i might plunge for the 1500+ just got to check on my trees what is the angle of clear site i need i have a south west facing wall. then all i need do is decide on art card or digitalb.
thanks again for all assistance

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
art sports card would be the first choice as theres 4 channels and show pretty much loads of football and its cheaper only 99 quid

i have both and think there good value for money some say there not that good picture quality wise but that doesn't bother me