Which Tecnomate?

alans220

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
only shy, but looking to buy a motorised system
My Location
Nottingham
Hi,,

Looking to buy my first receiver this week, will probably go for a Technomate, they seem popular and well supported, not sure which one to go for, any opinions?

Also do i need to buy a Dragon Cam and programmer for the Technomate, or will patching achieve the same results.

thanks

al

salvador

Reaction score
Website
www.studyenglishintheuk.com
My Satellite Setup
Ferguson Digibox & Mini dish - Arion AF-1700EC & 80 cm dish
Computer Setup? a couple of PCs and a few Laptos
My Location
UK
Well, I only know what I read here but the 1500 seems to be the one to go for. Have a read at this thread h**p://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=41520

I'm sure somebody else can gve you much more information than I can.

Salvador

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Go for the Technomate TM-1500ci+ super, only about £105 and with that you get not just one super fast easy to use machine but a smart card reader and a cam slot.
Do not buy any cam yet as patch will take care of it, and as you say they are well supported, you won't be sorry.

:-HoHo

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Good advice.

To cater for the hard-up amongst us, the TM1000D will do exactly the same thing, but you cannot 'upgrade' its capability with cards and CAMS. Depends on whether you ever see a need for that in the future. Most people probably won't if they're honest and can get what they want with a free patch.

The 1000D goes for less than £70 on ebay!

That's the one I'd go for being a tight-wad. But then I have a Dreambox as well :)

STICK

alans220

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
only shy, but looking to buy a motorised system
My Location
Nottingham
Thanks for your replies,

the 7755 is available at £125 looks like a good deal, but I don't know anything about that model

anyone have one of these?

al

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
alans220 said:
the 7755 is available at £125 looks like a good deal, but I don't know anything about that model

It's got two viaccess slot's and two cam slot's, but it's not very good for patches, meaning that not so many patches are made for this series unlike the 1000 series.
Apart from that I don't know too much about them. :-sugar

normsky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
UK
You can have mine if ya like - it's sh1te!

Technomate 5500 CIP Plus.

:-Cbigsmil

Definitely on the lookout for something that works better with a Dragon cam and responds to the remote control a bit faster.

the_wizzz

Slightly biased Technomate Seller
Reaction score
then you definitely need a tm-1500 super...it is soo fast, expcially the blind search, channel change...works with all cards and cams too!