Which TV Card

POCKETS

Reaction score
Which TV Card can I purchase that will
1. have the freeview stations and
2. can allow me to connect my sattelite receiver to,so that I
3.can record on to dvd either direct or via my hd.
Is there such a tv card.The ones I have seen don't specify if they have a manual tv tuner which I could tune in to my system via the rf. Any help greatly appreciated.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Haven't seen one that does both analogue and digital. The Technisat Freeview PCI receiver is a nice digital terrestrial card, but has no input for a satellite receiver.

cjgall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 4000PVR with Aston 1.07 CAM, (canaldigitaal), dragoncam,
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
Visiosat trisat looking at Astra1, Astra2 and Hotbird.
My Location
Netherlands & Central Brittany
The only way I can think of doing this is to buy a cheap freeview box with scart and an analogue tv capture card with svhs and stereo audio connections, using 2 scart leads connect your freeview box to the sat box and then connect your sat box to your PC's TV card using a svhs cable or scart cable and with scart to svhs converter.

All analogue tv cards I have come accross have manual tuning so you can tune in to your receivers etc.

You might want to take a look at http://www.dvdrhelp.com before you make a decision, there are loads op pitfall when it comes to capturing and burning. Also DVD set top recorders are dropping in price.

I myself use an analogue TV card with FBAS and SVHS inputs that compresses (hardware compression) in real time to MPEG1 & MPEGII. I have a satellite receiver connected to the SVHS connector on the TV card. After capturing to MPEGII the files are compatible with DVD so all I have to do is burn them to a blank DVD-/+R(W).