Which type of Funcard??

the colonel

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have just got a MM and I was wondering which Funcard would be best? There are so many different types available.
If it helps my set up is a 1.0m mototrised with Humax F1-VACI.

The dealer who supplied the MM also sent a card called 'AT chipcard2' which I think was meant to 6 in 1 files on it. So far it only decodes Absat and nothing else! Still it could be worse...it could decode nothing.

Thanks in advance,

the colonel

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
Well, by the sound of it you have the Funcard 2, which should do 6 in 1 coding just fine.

The fact that it decodes Absat is encouraging. Do you have a fixed dish, or a motorised setup? If you have a motor I would suggest trying satellites different from HotBird 13E, you would see more on Astra 1 19E, for example.

Also it is worth noting that you need to make sure that you have the most recent files on your card, as the majority of the keys would not auto update on 6 in1.

Give us more info, the colonel, sir!

the colonel

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Nickolai. In my defence I did state that my system was motorised (1.0m) I guess you overlooked that??
I was wanting a second card before I started doing some programming with a new codes... 'a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush'.
I was curious as to what the differences were between the various Fun cards? I will order a couple to play around with. My programmer is a multi pro 2000, so with luck this will handle the Fun cards as well. I have only ever used it for goldcards in the past.
There is mention of auto updating cards... is this a difficult task for the home user to achieve? It would be good not having to update the codes every other day.

thanks in advance,

the colonel

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry I missed your mentioning of the motorised setup (I must have been blind...)
The multi pro 2000 will program the funcards. All Funcards are based around an ATmel 90S8515 processor chip and differ mainly in size of so called external EEPROM, that ranging from 64k to 1024k. If you would like to go into further detail you may have a look at the Duwgati Sat Info site . He gives a lot of detailed useful info.

The majority of effort around AU was put behind Irde*o 1, Via* 1 and Nagra*. The majority of 6-in-1 files AU Ird*o 1 anyway (Xamuh, for example), Via*1 is almost extinct and I have no info. The real battlefiled is achieving AU on Narga, this is possible, however, not trivial. (You have to know so called "boxkey", etc.)

I have not done this myself, as I am not a frequent Hispasat watcher. There are however some detailed instructions at SatDudez, I believe.

All the best :)

the colonel

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks for the help I appreciate it very much. With being so busy at work I have had no time to tinker with the programmer yet. Some serious reading will have to be done I guess on AU.

All the best,

the colonel
All the best :)

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Having a larger eeprom means that more keys could be fitted in, but for me the smaller eeprom in the original funcards is more than sufficient. The larger one is what I would describe as surplus to requirements, and only means it takes longer to program. Almost all funcard x-in-1 files work on the original funcards.

2old