Who Are They Kidding!

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
I heard recently that Sir David Blunkett was taken to see a troubled area on crime!....as much as I admire this man for his grit (although not a Labour voter) please tell me where am I getting confused?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, I can appreciate where you are going with this WR, but I think that they perhaps meant to say, "Meet with people in this crime troubled area", would him physically being able to see it make any difference? Probably not.

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Will him actually being there at all make any difference? Probably not I imagine.

This seems to be something Labour are very keen on, ensuring high up people visit needing areas, as if their supreme presence in that area is somehow going to have an impact and make up for their lack of action.

I appreciate the need for meeting the troubled people and getting to know the areas and so on, but how are publicity stunts going to do that?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
He is going to return with a tagged guide dog if not careful

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
I would imagine he feels this country does not have a immigration problem as he cannot see what a town looks like with a sudden population burst of 20,000 a month!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
waverider said:
I would imagine he feels this country does not have a immigration problem as he cannot see what a town looks like with a sudden population burst of 20,000 a month!

It makes no difference to Mr Blunkett if all the light bulbs are removed from the street lights, manhole covers going missing are a different matter.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
It makes you think CH...who's the lucky one here m8......"what the eye's dont see the heart don't grieve".........well all I can say until some government comes up with a fair system, I shall stay self employed......cos if I was on the cards my weekly deductions would be keeping a family not entitled.... in a B&B in Southend or somewhere!

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
But the biggest waste of the local ratepayers money was to paint over all the graffiti around the places Blunkett was to visit,i know guide dogs are clever,but i did not realise they could read as well.....................