Who make a low profile DVB-S card

Wave Ace

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HTPC runing Xp
My Location
Swindon
Who make a low profile DVB-S card (preferably with a CI slot) ?

Old Geezer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Openbox V8S & TM5200D PVR Systems
My Location
Deepest South Wales
Hi Wave Ace,
I'm assuming that You need the low profile to put into a HTPC case or Mini ITX case.
Does the case have existing slots for low profile cards or is it a custom install.
The reason I ask is that You may be able to use a Mini ITX PCI riser card which will mount a PCI card above the motherboard, or if You have space , away from the motherboard (which may make the cooling better as the cards get hot!!).
You would only need to cut the rear panel to allow the CAM to be inserted and leave access to the f-connector for connecting the cable.
Also if You're using it for a HTPC , have a search around the net as there are not too many programs that support DVB-S cards (whereas all seem to accept the DVB-T cards).
Hope this helps You in Your quest,
Cheers for now,
Old Geezer

Wave Ace

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HTPC runing Xp
My Location
Swindon
Thanks for the information

I thought about a riser card but don’t fancy cutting a case about so I’m going to get a different one which uses full height cards as with DVB-T I live in an area that is c**p for reception but that may be a way to go and less mucking about and my be able to get a low profile card and back to my original case an aopen h360

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
I really dont think anything shorter than the regular softmode cards is available,at least I havent heard of it and im always checking on this stuff.I was gonna set up a mini box too and the riser was my conclusion as the solution but I use a Nexus-S and it is a big card too.The riser should be ok for the rest of them.

FRAZER

Reaction score
The TwinhanDTV Sat-Express card is low-profile; I have one, and it works well with all the 3rd party software, although it does get a little hot and become unstable without adequate space/airflow.

Frazer