Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
I´ve selected a shortlist of the favorites off Betfred. Who do you think will win? And why?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
I voted for England - :-doh!

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
You have to have faith! I think we stand our best chance in 40 years!:) Our teams players have reached their prime age for it as well. Its just a shame we have Sven at the helm. People say he´s a good manager, and doesnt lose many, but it makes no difference. We haven´t won anything with him.If he got to the finals or semifinals and lost, that would be different. But we dont even get that far usually.:( But this year we shall...;)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Host nation for me (sorry England). Lehman won't let any in and Ballack will be player of the tournament.:)

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
Brazil for me....

sorry, England...... we just aint good enough, ive never seen an England side im my life that i though was good enough to win the world cup... best side we have had since 1966 was in 1990..

just voting on this site proves my point.. most of you think Peter Crouch is a good England player!!!

sorry, but if you think players like that win tournaments..... your wrong :(
we have 4 players good enough... but we need 11

and sadly Rooney either wont go, or be fit enough to make an impact... so thats 3 we have...

best we can hope for is the semis

psousa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 500C
My Location
Portugal
How about the Euro2004 finalist "Portugal" ?

ordep42g

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
p4
My Location
portugal
Don't cry for me Argentinaaaaaaaaaa
Brasil will win:-rofl2

RSOUSA696

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OURALIS EVOLUTION 3
My Location
AVEIRO
YOU Forgot PORTUGAL O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha

hispa30

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon 230
ProgDVB+s2emu1.22
My Location
Portugal
Only one word:

PORTUGAL

You will see...

J

Jeff_19341

Normally the team that wins the final. The sooner it is all over the better.
A load of overpaid prima donnas running about after a ball. Overpaid because stupid fans pay ridiculous prices to watch the exhibition.

RED POIT
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
YOUR MIND IS YOUR POWER
My Location
PORTUGAL
PORTUGAL
"CAMPEÃO MUNDIAL"

:D :-doh2 'O'-red

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Theres some very good points in this thread.. some confusing some not..

Firstly AlexBellisBrown you say we never win nothing with sven, you did point out though that we win matches... but then you contradict your sayings at the end by saying we are going to win this year. Am i in the dark.. is sven staying for the world cup or not???

Secondly RedDevil_UK you say we only have 3 good players on the team. is this because you dont know there names??? or because you study there gameplay.. ???

Personally RedDevil_UK i dont like people who say Its going to be brazil or Argentine... Personally to me it isnt the team.. its the players at the time and if ballack doesnt get to bed his wife the night before he wont play well the next day..

Me personally would say quater finals for england.. which would coincidently would result in long beer sessions.. but i also believe we will win it next time around.. hopfully without beckham... stupid little boy he is.

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
Yeshi said:
Theres some very good points in this thread.. some confusing some not..

Firstly AlexBellisBrown you say we never win nothing with sven, you did point out though that we win matches... but then you contradict your sayings at the end by saying we are going to win this year. Am i in the dark.. is sven staying for the world cup or not???

Sven does win games, he just doesnt win the ones that count. It´s ok to win games, but its pointless if you always fall before the finals. And personally i think we are going to win this year.:p

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Spain will win the World Cup.

They always play crap, there is no other expectation this time around, and therefore no pressure - they'll surprise everyone.

England have the best squad in the tournament, but because they only play together a few times a year (and only get to play 45 minutes at that) they will need to carry a pocketful of football cards around with them so that they can recognise who to pass to.

Time for Becks to hand the armband over to JT too, though I still think he commands a place in the team (on the right please).

STICK

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
=yeshiRedDevil_UK you say we only have 3 good players on the team. is this because you dont know there names??? or because you study there gameplay.. ???

Personally RedDevil_UK i dont like people who say Its going to be brazil or Argentine...

of course i know there names, Beckham, Lampard and Gerrard
we wont play all 3 together... but must say we will have one of the best midfields at the world cup. Rooney is no.4 if he plays

why do you not like people saying Brazil or Argentina will win? surely thats the whole point of this thread?
Who will win the world cup?

i didnt say England, because im thinking with my head... not my heart!

on recent years performances... and on paper Brazil are favorites.

Personally to me it isnt the team.. its the players at the time and if ballack

players at the time..
pick in form players..yes!

agree whole hearted... and this is the reason, England never win things...because the team is the same all the time, the only time we get new players in... is because old ones retire!!

explain to me, Theo walcot!!
and then tell me why Darren Bent isnt going to the world cup?
his record this season shows that hes the best English striker in the world??

over looked... if your face doesnt fit, you dont go... pathetic
Sven should pick the most in form players England has to offer... not unfit old and injured players!!
rant over :D

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
to anyone who went on the world cup fantasy thread, sign up, and then couldnt get in the league, I've fixed it, you needed Group # (now on the thread), not name!