Who's going to win Euro 2004?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I'm gonna put 10 bob on Sweden as 'your not laughing N-E-more' outsiders.

Bonus points will be awarded to folks who vote for teams already knocked out!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not a bad bet, got half a crown on England myself. :)

rob43

Reaction score
My Location
canaries
i quite fancy the the czech, after watching them come from behind twice. they seem to have a strong team that play well as a team (a big bonus). although the swedes look a good bet also.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
After tonight's performance by England I'm getting more optimistic, they need to improve a little more, but the team is there or thereabouts. :)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Yeah, we looked far better than we did in the previous two games, and they weren't too bad.

Methinks that the best tinker is to leave well alone. Shame Owen didn't hit the net. He's definitely in need of a wee confidence boost. Tatoo-man too. Becks somehow doesn't seem as 'driven' in the last three of four games.

My man of the match was actually Gary Neville over Rooney. I thought he played a blinder; and that's saying something, 'cos I'm normally cursing him.

Come on Thursday.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Owen must be low on confidence but may come good against Portugal.
Will Denmark and Sweden play for a draw tonight to put out Italy?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton

lazydave

Reaction score
My Location
Aalborg, Denmark
BGonaSTICK said:
errrr, YES!
And with the magical 2-2 score as well! :D
Evidently the Italian press hasn't talked this much about conspiracy theories since JFK. :p

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL, I love the Italians, but they can be very bad losers...!

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
I hear that the Germans will be having Local coach firms printed on their shirts for the Euro 2008 tournament, to advertise journeys from the Zurich stadium which they will be using too when they go home early again :D :D :D :D :D

drag0nfly_69uk

Reaction score
My Location
essex boy
you are jumping the gun there waverider, still worldcup 2006 to do yet, they only need a bike each then

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Oh well the only thing they will be winning on a regular basis as usual is the sunbeds again )(-red :-bash )(-red :-bash )(-red :-bash )(-red :-bash )(-red :-bash )(-red

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
According to the paper, Portugal's goalkeeper should be nicknamed dracula on account of his fear of crosses. Maybe that's the weakest link........[Anne, have you got a minute?]

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, I love a good balanced reply. :D

philip24

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
rolfw said:
After tonight's performance by England I'm getting more optimistic, they need to improve a little more, but the team is there or thereabouts. :)

No chance. They are more like thereabouts. :D

The Czech 2nd team beat the square heads.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, but the Germans didn't play well, we'd have slaughtered them. By we I meant the English, being a half square head myself, the loyalties are always a bit divided. ;)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
As usual England were undone by an abysmal refereeing decision. A goal given by the linesman in line with the play was ruled out by the refereee well behind the action. I admit Portugal played better than England after Rooney went off injured (unlucky for him and England) but goals win matches and England won it in 90 minutes. Happened to Campbell in 98 I believe....perfectly good goal ruled out.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, not a good decision and I don't think that Portugal will win the competitition. We played like idiots for much of the match, nobody can afford to be a one player team, our defence was superb, but put any defence under enough pressure and it will collapse.

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Well my money is definately NOT on England winning it :D
especially as they just got beat 6-5 on penalties and being from Scotland im quite happy about that as we are fed up as it is with them constantly going on about winning the world cup last time, when was it again?? :D 1960s oh yeah 38 years ago. Never mind, we in Scotland are used to so we can take a beating and still see the funny side of it :) ({}) :-cheers