Why Can't I get Thor all of a sudden ?

paulwilko

My Satellite Setup
Humax 2000 HD Receiver, Motorised 80 CM Orbital Dish, Dragon CAM and SKY +
My Location
Bracknell, Berkshire
Hiya

I have the Humax 2000 with an 80cm dish and Moteck 2100 Motor

I have had the same problem ever since it has been installed. After a period of time which varies, and for no obviosu reason, the motor or Humax seem to lose their settings and and I can't just goto to the various satellites.

I have to go into the Humax Menu and move the dish left and right to find the various satellites.

As I am not good with heights, i have to get an engineer to come round and reset the motor at Thor.

Trouble is, all of a sudden i can no longer find Thor. Also I can't find Serius at 5e but can get Hotbird and Astra.

I have used both Diseq and USALS in the past but none have stopped the issue of the Motor/Humax going faulty at sometime !

Any idea why i can longer find Thor ?

Thx

Paul

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
There should be no need to reset the motor outside if the dish is still tracking other satellites correctly.

Have you tried unplugging the receiver for a short while, and then requesting it to 'go to zero' ? (in some Humax machines there is a 'user' and 'installer' menu, from where you can send a 'reference position' command to the motor which is more or less the same as 'go to zero'.).

paulwilko

My Satellite Setup
Humax 2000 HD Receiver, Motorised 80 CM Orbital Dish, Dragon CAM and SKY +
My Location
Bracknell, Berkshire
Channel Hopper said:
There should be no need to reset the motor outside if the dish is still tracking other satellites correctly.

Have you tried unplugging the receiver for a short while, and then requesting it to 'go to zero' ? (in some Humax machines there is a 'user' and 'installer' menu, from where you can send a 'reference position' command to the motor which is more or less the same as 'go to zero'.).
Thx for your reply

It does not actually track other satellites, I have to manually get there by pressing east or west in the menu.

I found the reference point section. Made no difference to my issue.

This has happened to many times and I have not heard anyone else complain about this on the Humax.

I ffel it must be an Motor issue.

May have to change it

Thx anyway

Paul