Why Does my Freesat Switch Off when Recording

piper42scot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have freesat
My Location
Scotland
Hi,
Im new to the forum and start with a question regarding Freesat and recording. I have a Humax box and a panasonic dvd recorder with a hard drive. I have no problem setting my dvd recorder for the correct AV channel and the period of time required but at some period during recording the freesat box switches itself off and of course Im then recording no signal, there seems to be no set time for the freesat switching off as sometimes I have the signal that may last for a whole movie and more and sometimes it records for just over an hour before the box switches itself off. Very frustrating as my freesat is on all day and never switches itself of. BTW my freesat is connected to my dvd recorder with a scart. Many thanx, hope you can advise.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum piper42scot

Well your information seems to be contradicting itself

piper42scot said:
I have no problem setting my dvd recorder for the correct AV channel and the period of time required but at some period during recording the freesat box switches itself off and of course Im then recording no signal,

Yet

piper42scot said:
Very frustrating as my freesat is on all day and never switches itself of. BTW my freesat is connected to my dvd recorder with a scart. Many thanx, hope you can advise.

I therefore suggest you clarify exactly what the position is or are you are saying there is normally no problem with your freesat stb switching itself off during the day, it only does this when you are recording?

Have you checked with Humax at all, or their website?

piper42scot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have freesat
My Location
Scotland
Topper I thought my message was quite clear, my freesat switches of for no reason during recording. Im recording on my dvd player as I dont have a hard drive in my freesat.