Why ITV and not BBC?

nick6470

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi All

Why can i receive itv1 and itv2 but not BBC, arent they transmitted from Astra 2D?

If it helps to know i am living in Nuremberg, and using a 60 cm dish, Amstrad receiver and LNB o.6dB.

Will increasing size of dish to 70cm or 80cm make any difference?

TIA

Nick

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The transponder that the BBC are transmitting from is on low power at the moment, but it has been intimated that "the problem" should be sorted out in the coming week. A small adjustment of skew may bring the channels in, but a short wait may equally do the same.

See other threads on subject.

Corrigapp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 1.8 dish, Foxsat-HDR, Inverto LNB
My Location
South Sweden
... but it has been intimated that "the problem" should be sorted out in the coming week.

Hi Rolfw,

Is this just a rumour or could there be a kernel of truth in it? Pardon my desperation here but being without the BBC gets to you after a while.
:confused

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
This is what an installer has been told by Sky reportedly, "don't realign any dishes, it should all be sorted out soon". How accurate that is I don't know, but a short wait would be prudent in any case, the last thing the BBC want is for their target audience to encounter reception problems.

N

net1

Yes I agree with Rolf the power will be increased by the BBC in the next few days.

Astra confirms BBC free-to-air frequencies
Astra has confirmed which transponders on Astra 2D will be used to broadcast the BBC's channels on a free-to-air basis later this year. They will be transponders 45 (10.773GHz/H, SR 22,000, FEC 5/6) and 47 (10.802GHz/H, SR 22,000 FEC 5/6). The news comes after the BBC delayed the free-to-air relaunch of its digital TV services until July 14 while the Independent Television Commission makes a decision about whether to step in to the row between Sky and the BBC regarding positions in the Electronic Programme Guide.