Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fracarro Penta 85
Cuberevo DVB-S2/T
TM-6800HD
TM-2600 Motor
My Location
Tyne and Wear
The idea of getting my system up this weekend is fading fast.

After some hunting around I decided on the Penta 85 Ali in red. It should happily pick up some russian channels for SWMBO and it'll fade into the tiles on the top half of the house, so not upset the neighbours. Being me I thought aha... ali should be easier to lug around during the install and won't suffer at the hands of the rain. Hadn't thought about the hands of the courier... O-no or that the branded dished would be use air in the box for protection :-doh2

The first ali dish came through with some nicely crimped corners and the 2nd arrived today. While having a perfect rim has a couple of dents in the middle )(-red

Having seen the el-cheapo system in B&Q packed in polystyrene why do the more expensive dished use cardboard and air for packaging ??? :-Nooo

All dues to Lawrence at HD he sent the 2nd having seen the crimping put into the first dish.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Having imported a batch of 200 ali reflectors and tried distributing them round the UK, I feel your pain brother.

I ended up asking people to have their own courier collect and took a photo of each one before it left.

Next time, buy five, as the reflectors can be flatpacked, you should end up with a (more or less) immaculate one in the middle.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I've had four or five of the ali Pentas delivered in boxes and all arrived intact, although the single box is not really strong enough for rough handling.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Going for Steel instead may not have saved you - I've seen pictures of Triax TD110s that have suffered in transit.

Not pretty.

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
LOL you haven't seen local dish warehouse - They receive huge amount of dishes, generally 2000-3000pcs, but during unloading, part of them usually gets dropped, stepped over, etc.. So they have 2 skilled metal workers, which use rubber hammers and other tools to give dishes desired shape and flatness :)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Tivù said:
Going for Steel instead may not have saved you - I've seen pictures of Triax TD110s that have suffered in transit.

Not pretty.

Yep, me too, though it was in the flesh, a dent on the rim had completely distorted the whole dish. Sent through the courier in just bubblewrap I was told.

Nelbert

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fracarro Penta 85
Cuberevo DVB-S2/T
TM-6800HD
TM-2600 Motor
My Location
Tyne and Wear
If I was closer to London I'd have picked it up... it's a long trip from Newcastle though.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow morning.

I'd have asked for it to be marked fragile, but that is a red rag to a bull based on past experience with items marked fragile... :-rofl2

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
A pity SatelliteSuperstore don't appear to sell them - then you could have picked it up. Probably.

Telia

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo PVR 1GB HDD
Channel Master 1.2m with Jaeger SMR1224.
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
I received a dish where they had put a fork truck right into the package, big dent in the dish.

They don't seem to get it as it's about delivering undamaged package, not damaged.

The automated logistic systems they use grab packages with claws and sometimes they squezze the package too hard.

Nelbert

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fracarro Penta 85
Cuberevo DVB-S2/T
TM-6800HD
TM-2600 Motor
My Location
Tyne and Wear
Tivù said:
A pity SatelliteSuperstore don't appear to sell them - then you could have picked it up. Probably.

It would be an easy pickup from there. Pop over one lunchtime from work, but they didn't have them listed. Neither did SimplyDigital/LRN or TVS.

On the bright side, the guys at High Definition send another one on overnight delivery (instead of 48 hr) and it has turned up in perfect condition :-jumpsmile (3rd time lucky) Can't say enough good things about them and how helpful and patient they've been.

Just need some good weather this weekend to get out with the drill :)

Although I'm starting to wonder about the cable and the compression connectors now. I have a bad feeling the cable is only 6.5mm but the compressions might want 7 mm :-doh!

What was supposed to be a nice easy stick a cheap dish kit up and see how it goes with picking up Russian channels... ended up with a motorised dish and hd receiver... I've already been thinking about a 2nd fixed dish pointing at Astra for freeview recording and I haven't even for the first one up... :-rofl2

Nelbert

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fracarro Penta 85
Cuberevo DVB-S2/T
TM-6800HD
TM-2600 Motor
My Location
Tyne and Wear
SatelliteSuperstore would have been convenient, trip out at lunchtime... but not listed. The other places round here don't list the Penta either. Lots of Sky and Triax though.

Not sure where my other reply went (needed approval from reply with quote?)

In short not have a perfect dish from High Definition. :-jumpsmile Very helpful and patient guys working there.

Just need some good weather this weekend :-rofl2