Wich is better????

CrouchingTiger

CrouchingTiger

Schnell Meister
My Satellite Setup
Mega Sat 1.8 meter mesh sat dish prim focus.

Invacom c120 lnb with chaparal co rotor and feedhorn.

Jaeger H-H smr 1224 supermount.

echnomate 1500ci+ patched darkman.
My Location
Highwycombe, Buckinghamshire
Hiya folks

Im about to buy myself a receiver and wanted to know wich is better im quite fond oftechnomate as my first one was a 5500 dapci and was absolutely delighted with it so its definatly a techi again i looked these 2 up and i know the TM-7755 2VA 2CI has blind search and 5000 chans storage and 2 viacess slots and 2 ci while the TM-7800 CX 2CI has 6000 chan storage built in conax and 2 ci slots but no blind search wich one would u suggest is blind search really somthing to look into nowa days or just for the hard core enthusiast what do u suggest please let me know thanks.

regards
CrouchingTiger

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Certainly nothing wrong with the Technomate range, whether blind search is a pre-requisite for a good setup is a moot point though, certainly isn't something I would be overly concerned about.

The biggest problem we have when deciding on a receiver is that very few people have tried more than a couple of the currect models, so everything is subjective. I am now a Dreambox devotee, mainly because of the flexibility and networking capabilities, but many hobbyists wouldn't give them house room. :)

H

Happy-Buddah

I have the TM-4100D with Blind Search (Power Scan) to save me updating transponder information from Satdudes daily postings. But it also usefull for finding those active feeds. As I am not interested in cams/cards/codes/keys that is the reason I went for a blind search receiver.

Regards H-B

CrouchingTiger

CrouchingTiger

Schnell Meister
My Satellite Setup
Mega Sat 1.8 meter mesh sat dish prim focus.

Invacom c120 lnb with chaparal co rotor and feedhorn.

Jaeger H-H smr 1224 supermount.

echnomate 1500ci+ patched darkman.
My Location
Highwycombe, Buckinghamshire
rolfw said:
Certainly nothing wrong with the Technomate range, whether blind search is a pre-requisite for a good setup is a moot point though, certainly isn't something I would be overly concerned about.

The biggest problem we have when deciding on a receiver is that very few people have tried more than a couple of the currect models, so everything is subjective. I am now a Dreambox devotee, mainly because of the flexibility and networking capabilities, but many hobbyists wouldn't give them house room. :)
Thank you for the info rolfw and happy buddah i think i will pass on the blind search as i dont think its soemthing too important im missing out on mayb i will buy something on the side for it so will go with the TM 7800 cx i did look into the dream box and i think its capabilitys are way too advance for what i need and i probably wont end up using majority of the function it offers so will be waste of money so will go with the technomate thank alot guys appreciated.

Regards
CrouchingTiger

J

jacko

hi,
i also have a TM5500 dapci with dragon cam.
have recently bought and patched some receivers
for mates and family,being TM1000d, 1500ci,and
1500ci+and also TM7700 va 2ci,they all work well.
the patches for the 1000/1500 models seem to be
released first.
going to get a second receiver myself,the TM 1500ci+,
with blindscan,ci slot,and omnicrypt card reader.