Wich is better????

CrouchingTiger

Schnell Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mega Sat 1.8 meter mesh sat dish prim focus.

Invacom c120 lnb with chaparal co rotor and feedhorn.

Jaeger H-H smr 1224 supermount.

echnomate 1500ci+ patched darkman.
My Location
Highwycombe, Buckinghamshire
Hiya folks

Im about to buy myself a receiver and wanted to know wich is better im quite fond oftechnomate as my first one was a 5500 dapci and was absolutely delighted with it so its definatly a techi again i looked these 2 up and i know the TM-7755 2VA 2CI has blind search and 5000 chans storage and 2 viacess slots and 2 ci while the TM-7800 CX 2CI has 6000 chan storage built in conax and 2 ci slots but no blind search wich one would u suggest is blind search really somthing to look into nowa days or just for the hard core enthusiast what do u suggest please let me know thanks.

regards
CrouchingTiger

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Certainly nothing wrong with the Technomate range, whether blind search is a pre-requisite for a good setup is a moot point though, certainly isn't something I would be overly concerned about.

The biggest problem we have when deciding on a receiver is that very few people have tried more than a couple of the currect models, so everything is subjective. I am now a Dreambox devotee, mainly because of the flexibility and networking capabilities, but many hobbyists wouldn't give them house room. :)

H

Happy-Buddah

I have the TM-4100D with Blind Search (Power Scan) to save me updating transponder information from Satdudes daily postings. But it also usefull for finding those active feeds. As I am not interested in cams/cards/codes/keys that is the reason I went for a blind search receiver.

Regards H-B

CrouchingTiger

Schnell Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mega Sat 1.8 meter mesh sat dish prim focus.

Invacom c120 lnb with chaparal co rotor and feedhorn.

Jaeger H-H smr 1224 supermount.

echnomate 1500ci+ patched darkman.
My Location
Highwycombe, Buckinghamshire
rolfw said:
Certainly nothing wrong with the Technomate range, whether blind search is a pre-requisite for a good setup is a moot point though, certainly isn't something I would be overly concerned about.

The biggest problem we have when deciding on a receiver is that very few people have tried more than a couple of the currect models, so everything is subjective. I am now a Dreambox devotee, mainly because of the flexibility and networking capabilities, but many hobbyists wouldn't give them house room. :)

Thank you for the info rolfw and happy buddah i think i will pass on the blind search as i dont think its soemthing too important im missing out on mayb i will buy something on the side for it so will go with the TM 7800 cx i did look into the dream box and i think its capabilitys are way too advance for what i need and i probably wont end up using majority of the function it offers so will be waste of money so will go with the technomate thank alot guys appreciated.

Regards
CrouchingTiger

jacko

Reaction score
hi,
i also have a TM5500 dapci with dragon cam.
have recently bought and patched some receivers
for mates and family,being TM1000d, 1500ci,and
1500ci+and also TM7700 va 2ci,they all work well.
the patches for the 1000/1500 models seem to be
released first.
going to get a second receiver myself,the TM 1500ci+,
with blindscan,ci slot,and omnicrypt card reader.