BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
What do you think?

After what can only be described by their own high standards as another awful season for Man Utd, will the boss hold onto his company car-parking space until the start of the new season?

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
of course he will, but should Man U fail to get to at least the last weekend next season with a fighting chance, then questions will really b asked then.

even so, he will never really leave the club, he has such an influence that he cannot be removed from the club in some way. he WILL become chairman at some point.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
BGonaSTICK said:
What do you think?

After what can only be described by their own high standards as another awful season for Man Utd, will the boss hold onto his company car-parking space until the start of the new season?

I think It will depend on the fa cup final. If Arsenal beat them you could see a new manager before next season starts. Didnt see much of the game but i saw Scholes hitting out with his boot. Think they lost the plot last night.

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
i think if united dont win the fa cup then fergies gonna be out of work.time for some new blood in charge.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I don't think he will be booted. Only if he decides to go. But I have a feeling he will get a good season next year. I think the players are to blame for a lot of it. When you have 18 chances in a game but can't put it away, what is a manager going to do???

It is strange not to win the PL two years in a row, but we had the cup last year, we will have a good chance this year again, it is not as if we are relegated...

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you are wondeing who added the "Who Cares" option GUILTY as charged :D

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I think he will survive but he's becoming an embarrassment. The storming off histrionics are becoming boring.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I must say that the childish tantrums and 'spoilt brat' antics are extremely funny. He wouldn't be out of place starring in one of the current crop of 'Supernanny' type programs.

I think that he's still a good manager, and that some of the 'excuses' like new players coming in this year and players being at fault etc. are quite valid.

Having said that, most teams have had these problems over the course of the season, so it's got to be a collective admission of failure on ManU's part.

I think he'll be there come the start of the next campaign, but I can see Liverpool overtaking ManU for the third spot next year.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
BGonaSTICK said:
, but I can see Liverpool overtaking ManU for the third spot next year.

??? :eek:

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
ROFLMAO!!!

Sorry m8, I deliberately left that there for you to find... O-Ha

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
BGonaSTICK said:
ROFLMAO!!!

Sorry m8, I deliberately left that there for you to find... O-Ha
I suppose you can't fish off the end of Brighton pier any more stick? :D

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yeah yeah yeah go take the :-peepee The thing is that all those years of winning stuff, we never really had need to do the same for chelsea....might come to regret that now :p

Anyway, enjoy your moment of glory, it was well deserved. Next year will be different!

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
T_G said:
yeah yeah yeah go take the :-peepee The thing is that all those years of winning stuff, we never really had need to do the same for chelsea....might come to regret that now :p

Anyway, enjoy your moment of glory, it was well deserved. Next year will be different!

I wouldn't b so hopeful, I think our rein of domination is over, with respect to Blackburn in 1995(?), I dont think Chelsea are gonna go away, this is a situation where we will have three teams competing for the Premiership for the next decade now (unless Liverpool actually decide to play like they should!). And it will be Chelsea who win the lions share of the titles, with Man U and Arsenal winning one or two each.

Its not such a bad thing tho, may just kill off the idea of a European League for a little longer, u cant have three teams for one country in such a league (please dont start debating the idea of a European League, we've all heard it before)!!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Salty25 said:
Its not such a bad thing tho, may just kill off the idea of a European League for a little longer...

That's a good point. With the Premiership so strong now, it IS the European league!

Anyway, going back to the Fergie thing, does anyone think that Roy Keane would make a good manager?!?!?!

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
BGonaSTICK said:
Anyway, going back to the Fergie thing, does anyone think that Roy Keane would make a good manager?!?!?!
He needs to change his attitude first. Doesn't suffer (what he considers) fools very gladly. Some young players need an arm round the shoulder not a kick up the orifice. He seems to know only one way.

Perhaps he could get some tips from Mick McCarthy when they meet in the OT bar next season.:rolleyes:

raggytash

Reaction score
IMO hes had a good innings as a manager and i think its time he spat his chewy out and enjoys his retirement.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
BGonaSTICK said:

Well, I think he will. As Fergie said over and over again, Keane has the same burning desire to succeed as he has. Also, he has played under two great managers such as Claugh & SAF so he must have picked something up.

I am looking with great interest at Stewart Pierce, he is another one of those who has this fire. I reckon only time will tell, not many great players make good coaches, but he surely is a leader. I hope he does become the next manager of United after serving a couple of years under Fergie.

And after that, in 2020 he will find that the Irish setup is still amateur, and will accept to be the England manager :D

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
Unfortunately for Stuart Pearce, he's at Man City and the fans there want another manager as soon has they have a run of bad results..... the worst thing he could do is get the managers job on a permanent basis. i personally like Pearce and he deserves better than City WILL give him...... if he gets the full time job, it will end in tears eventually.. ie sacked :(

Getting back to Fergie...
yes he is throwing a few wobblers and tantrums... hes not getting things his own way, hes a winner and he doesnt like losing. i cant fault him for that, it shows he still has the desire and wants to win.
It would be a hell of a lot worse, if he lost then didnt mind!!! i would want him sacked if that happened.

The fact is, Fergie is still the best man for the job. the team is in transition and when the young players gel together a bit better, they will be a hard team to beat. im already looking forward to the next league championship.... this one is over.

good luck to Chelsea, the best team will win the league..... the league table doesnt lie.

if fergie and the rest of the United PLC needed proof, its there for all to see... they need to play better to win the title back... simple :)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
:-downt Maybe we should change the poll to will ManU survive until next year

paulkelly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
with l
My Location
somewhere
dont give a ****...but if the bloke dies....its a bonus