will i lose singal strenght

S

satelliteman

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 05-May-02 AT 11:40 PM (GMT)]i would like to ask any who has this sort of set up i am going to add astra 1 at 19.2 east to my present system over the next few months i all ready have sky digital set up on a 48cm dish from astra 2 and eurobird at 28.2 east and 28.5 east but i wish to get more channels but i would like to know what sort of signal strenght would i get with this sort of a set up i am also haveing up on the house wall an

80cm dish would i lose and signal strength with this sort of a set up if i do then i will not bother with astra one at 19.2 east i have two free to air receiver one is at technisat technibox cam 1 plus and my other one is a gbsat 2C I0 this receiver has only just come on the market my singal strenght i have now is around 80 and 95% per cent and my singal quality is around 90 to 99% per cent if it dorps below this then it is only astra 2 and eurobird at 28.2 east and 28.5 east
hope some one can help me
yours
satelliteman::7

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 05-May-02 AT 11:51 PM (GMT)]If you are in the UK with an 80cm dish, you should get reasonable reception on 19.2E and 13E with 19.2 as the offset, you could retain your 28.2 dish for Sky. The signal figures you mention are all top drawer and anything down to 50% but with a 50%+ quality figure should be adequate.

Rolf

S

satelliteman

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 06-May-02 AT 01:10 AM (GMT)]thanks i have asked this on know end of other forums and most people say the same thing but i am now thinking is it all going to be worth it in the long run as its going to cost a lot of money to do this may be i will be giveing it a bit more thought for now we just have to wait and see but the satellite rules say only one dish per house and

i dont want to spend money get my sky dish taken down as above we just have to wait and see and any laws that come with satellite tv i stick to them like glue i have thought of this when the law said only 60cm dish aloud on a house so i stuck with that size dish.
thank you for replying rolf w
yours
satelliteman :7
sorry to be going on but my satellite tv means a lot to me.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The majority of local authorities allow a 90cm dish, if mounted below the highest point of the roof and 45 cm if chimney mounted and above the roofline. It is possible to have three LNBs on one dish, but it doesn't work that well in that particular configuration, as Hotbird needs to be the prime focus satellite.

There's always the option of tucking the Sky minidish out of the way somewhere, I've know people put them at the end of the garden on the ground to great effect.

Rolf

S

satelliteman

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 06-May-02 AT 10:55 AM (GMT)]hi rolf w

but where the law states only one dish per house and if you get caguht with two dishs you may have to take one down which cost money thinking last night if i lose singal from sky then its looking like to much trouble to me to even do bother with and dont forget i have

to pay some one to come and change my dish and take my old one down beacuse i would not know how to go on so it lookes like i am just going to forget astra at 19.2 east and stick with sky at 28.2 and 28.5 east which are astra and euroird.

so i am just realy forget get about astra 1 at 19.2 east for good
yours
satelliteman:(
if you still want to post you still can do

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 06-May-02 AT 11:10 AM (GMT)]No problem, just trying to suggest ways to achieve your aims. If all you want is 19.2 and 28.2/28.5 then it is a one dish (60cm) solution with 2 LNBs , but in your first post I seem to remember you mentioning 13E, so that was included in my suggestion.

Rolf

PS the mention of 13E doesn't seem to be there, don't know how that came into my head. :)