Will MM work with my receiver?

the colonel

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
As my Aston 1.03 cam has died I am looking at the option of a Magic Module. My receiver is now quite old, Humax F1-VACI and I was wondering if the MM worked okay with this unit?
Are there any potential pitfalls to avoid? It is worrying to see that knowing if you have a genuine MM is not easy. Guess I will have to trust the dealer.

Thanks in advance,

Colonel John Amery

ps. Great looking site btw!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Glad you like the forum:)

As long as you buy from one of the well known retailers, you should be fine with the MM, as far as I know, it works well with all of the Humax receivers as well. There are a couple of posts from members telling where they bought their genuine MM.

It isn't the only game in town though, there is also the Icecrypt which is improving and cheaper at £100 and the Matrix, very similar in functionality.

satellite eye

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i have two matrix cams' my advice is buy a genuine magic cam try
www.hisat.com if the cam fails they will replace it for free,most people end up with a matrix as it is offered at a discount when you purchase a new receiver.
the matrix is ok but there is no official software support for them now they recomend sending to italy for repair on the website
i am going to purchase a proper magic and return one of the matrix.

the colonel

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by rolfw
Glad you like the forum:)

As long as you buy from one of the well known retailers, you should be fine with the MM, as far as I know, it works well with all of the Humax receivers as well. There are a couple of posts from members telling where they bought their genuine MM.

It isn't the only game in town though, there is also the Icecrypt which is improving and cheaper at £100 and the Matrix, very similar in functionality.

Thanks for the reply. The MM is the way forward I think. Also I should upgrade the software on my Humax F1-VACI. It is version 1 and last updated on 2nd April 1999!

The site is very good, but I guess I was always going to say that :) After a few more of my questions are answered I will slag you all off :-) Only joking, the site is good with lots of great information. I only wished I had found it sooner.

Colonel John Amery

willy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::none
got f1-vi-ci receiver you need to put soft ware in humax 20412 even conax works with this see if you got super sat none super sat good luck