Will polsat card work in a 500s?

chavo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu uno, VU Duo2, sky dish, 2 zone 2 dishes for 19.2 and 23.5. Satlink meter, rover STCeu meter. Tripod with a dish for messing around.
My Location
North West England
Hi all,

I am interested in getting a new subscription and i am looking at the polsat offers. I hear that they have recently changed to Nagra 3. i am worried that if i buy a subscription it wont be a nagra 3 card and i will be left with something that may not work for the full 12 months.

Also i am not interested in the polsat box i want to put the card in my dream 500. is this possible? can it read a polsat card?

Any help appreciated as i am looking to buy asap

Thanks

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
chavo said:
Hi all,

I am interested in getting a new subscription and i am looking at the polsat offers. I hear that they have recently changed to Nagra 3. i am worried that if i buy a subscription it wont be a nagra 3 card and i will be left with something that may not work for the full 12 months.

Also i am not interested in the polsat box i want to put the card in my dream 500. is this possible? can it read a polsat card?

Any help appreciated as i am looking to buy asap

Thanks

Check the Idiot Guide. Last post has a list of all the cards that can work with Cccam. Polsat should be there also.
May I ask why you have chosen Polsat and not Cyfra+?

chavo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu uno, VU Duo2, sky dish, 2 zone 2 dishes for 19.2 and 23.5. Satlink meter, rover STCeu meter. Tripod with a dish for messing around.
My Location
North West England
I dont know, i just see a lot of stuuf on polsat sports so thought ahhh that could be a good local.

whats the difference?

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
chavo said:
I dont know, i just see a lot of stuuf on polsat sports so thought ahhh that could be a good local.

whats the difference?

If you already have a Polsat card and happy with their programming, then go ahead and buy it.
Just check the channels list for each package before you part with your money. Look in the packages section.

chavo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West England
Hi this is the one i was looking at:
_http://www.pulsat.com/satellite/site/details.php?product_id=282&catID=39

Is that just normal polsat? or is that cyfra?
on another note here it is again with polsat sport extra

[url_]http://www.marconidigital.com/product_info.php?cPath=346&products_id=1291[/url]

It says here that it will not work with the cam, will it still work on new cs? sorry for being a mong!

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
chavo said:
Hi this is the one i was looking at:
_http://www.pulsat.com/satellite/site/details.php?product_id=282&catID=39

Is that just normal polsat? or is that cyfra?

This is Polsat Cyfrowy.
Cyfra+ is a competing provider and I personally prefer it.
Looks very expensive to me. Try buying it from Poland at 1/2-1/3 price.
Don't be overwhelmed by the channels list. Many of the channels are FTA anyway and in Polish only, unless you prefer it to English.
Try to pinpoint the channels that you REALLY need, make a list and post it and I will see if there is a better alternative.

moridark_back1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500 &DM88HD & humax5400z&
zone2 & 1.5m dish
My Location
oxfordshire
you can buy polsat card as long as you dont buy it from here
_http://www.******.co.uk they gave ahell off time after they took my mony they said its next day delivery and it took him just over 18 days thats off course after i have spent evrey day on the phone and sending e mails and the same story you get it today before 6 pm clock
and that 6 pm clock never come .
he said to me the card will work fine in the dm500 but it took me a long time off reading and tring to get that card to work couse n3 a bit dificult
my advice stay away from hime .he is a laire