Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 808 CI Via
Jokercam-Retired!,T-REX,
Rusty Old 80cm mesh dish on fence pole!
My Location
South Wales
Hi All,

Are the Absat channels open on HB13 or astra 19.2 with any of the above ? And if so do they need any cards inserted with hex files on them like my Joker used to use i.e Funcards.

Thinking of Upgrading my cam to get ABMoteurs. I have an Elvis Programmer with TJ multiprog software if thats any use to program or update the cams via funcard, Or would I be better off changing my receiver to a Dreambox? Any advice appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
There are already Predator files available, that will open Absat, 13E, but these need to be updated daily, which means updating your Predator firmware daily to view the channels.

sprog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 808 CI Via
Jokercam-Retired!,T-REX,
My Location
South Wales
Thanks Mickha,
Can my Elvis programmer upgrade the predator firmware? If so, would that be via a Funcard or reprogramming the "T-Rex/Dragon Loader Card" that is advertised with the CAM?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
The Dragon/T-rex cams can be updated using either a Fun Card 7 or a PIC F84A loader card, by loading the latest Predator version on the card and then into the cam, following the guide.
The only other way to update a Dragon/T-Rex cam is with a Cas 3.

sprog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 808 CI Via
Jokercam-Retired!,T-REX,
My Location
South Wales
Thanks again Mickha,

Used my trusted Elvis and a Funcard 7 to program CAM.
Recevied my t-rex last week, programmed with Predasaur 2.13 and ran security update but it didnt work. I then loaded Predator 3.56 and hey presto Pre*ier package opened on 19E ! Now I can watch my NASCAR and in english! :)

Any reason why 2.13 would not work and 3.56 did? I did notice that the echonav channel list menu seemed to be quite slow and would not automatically show all channels when selected at first but seems ok now.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Predasaur 2.13 is opening Premiere, for me, there hasn't been a change since 2.12, and D+ AU is also working.
Did you try the original Predasaur 2.13 and not a modified version, as some Echostar receivers, mine included, have problems with the extra CAID's added.
There is a lot of choice currently on 19E, I just hope we get to keep Premiere for the rest of the Champions League football.

sprog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 808 CI Via
Jokercam-Retired!,T-REX,
My Location
South Wales
Looks like it was a modified 2.13D+Au file from sat-key website. I will remember to use an original file for next time.