Will this cabling set up work??

cslogg

Reaction score
As you can see this is my first post so please be gentle with me.
I will be getting a new Freeview box and aerial soon and want to set it up so I can watch DTT and Terrestial on two TVs.I understand I will not be able to watch two different Freeview channels at the same time.This is the cabling I have come up with.Any comments welcome as I am sure I have got something wrong.I shall be purchasing the new Pace box from Argos,not the Twin.

AERIAL TO SPLITTER
COAX FROM SPLITTER TO "AERIAL IN" ON STB
COAX FROM SPLITTER TO TV
SCART FROM STB TO TV
SCART FROM STB TO VCR
COAX FROM "AERIAL OUT" ON STB TO 2ND TV

Thanks for looking
cslogg

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you are going to split the signal, do it after the freeview box, give it the best signal you can..

cslogg

Reaction score
Thanks rolfw,
that seems to make sense.
Will the rest of it work OK?

cslogg

G

GotMyBusPass

By splitting the signal after the box you will introduce the least amount of attenuation to the signal going into the box, rolfw is correct in advising this to you.
You will be able to watch analogue and digital on your first TV and analogue only on your second TV, is this what you are after ? You might find some deterioration in your analogue signals, unless you are allready splitting the signal and are content with it.
If you want to watch analogue and digital on both TV's you will have to also split the scart out to TV signals also.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Should be able to watch the digital output on both TVs if split after the freeview box, not with some Grundigs though, if not, split it after the video, you can leave it on AV1.

cslogg

Reaction score
gotmybuspass,
I would like to watch digital and analogue on both TVs as you suggested.
What do I need to do to achieve this?
I am not sure I know what you mean when you say I will have to split the scart out to TV signals also.

cslogg

G

GotMyBusPass

Hi cslogg

"This is the way that I do it and it works for me" Freeview box scart output to TV into a single in twin out scart box, then scart leads to TV in lounge and to TV in bedroom. Co-ax out of freeview box into cheap twin output booster one output to TV in lounge other output to TV in bedroom.
Hence I can watch digital and analogue TV in either room, only problem is I have to go back to lounge to change freeview channels. I suppose I could get another freeview box and run two independant systems, but TV in bed is not that important unless I get ill, then I could re-arrange the wiring.
As stated "This is the way that I do it and it works for me". there might be a better more tidy method but I am satisfied and I do not have to contend with "a her indoors" moaning about cables everywhere :rolleyes:

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
It might be worth checking the Pace box in question can be upgraded to accept a card. TopupTV is just around the corner

G

GotMyBusPass

@ Channel Hopper

True! But this "new innovation" defeats the object of "Freeview", that's my opinion.
If the idea of terrestrial TV by subscription works out to be cheaper than $ly I can see quite a number of people "ditching their dishes" :rolleyes:
I have gone round the houses trying to work out your signature but get nowhere, I think that I am trying too literally, I'll get it one day :D