Will this pole be ok?

My Satellite Setup
Spiderbox 7000HD, 1m DigiMaxx mesh dish, TM Motor
My Location
West Midlands
Hi

I finished my install as shown HERE.

The only worry I have is that with there being 6ft of unsecured pole above the top bracket and a 1.1m dish sitting on top makes for a fair bit of leverage and in windy conditions is there any chance the pole could bend?

It is a 16g steel 2" 10ft pole.

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
ish07930 said:
Hi

I finished my install as shown HERE.

The only worry I have is that with there being 6ft of unsecured pole above the top bracket and a 1.1m dish sitting on top makes for a fair bit of leverage and in windy conditions is there any chance the pole could bend?

It is a 16g steel 2" 10ft pole.
You are going to experience a lot of wobble in the wind m8, try putting steady wires on the pole ???

deep joy dave;);)

Park Royal

My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
A scaffold pole would have been a better choice for your mast, much more rigid construction. I got a 2.4m galvanised scaffold pole from the local SGB this weeek, £5.64 inc VAT. I have had, in the past, 3m lengths for about 8quid. Price seems to depend upon the daily price of steel, so I was informed.
parky

My Satellite Setup
Spiderbox 7000HD, 1m DigiMaxx mesh dish, TM Motor
My Location
West Midlands
Ok, I'll see how it goes and if it does wobble around too much I'll change to a scaffold pole.