Will you be subscribing to Topup TV

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
OK, we've heard a bit about it, what do you think?

late_sleeper

Reaction score
There's a long way to go before I am convinced that any pay TV is value for money. I am more than happy with my Freeview/Tivo setup.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
As far as I am concerned they have more chance of seeing the Pope ride a jet ski than me paying them any hard earned cash!......'Power to the Sat freedom fighters!' :D

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
waverider said:
As far as I am concerned they have more chance of seeing the Pope ride a jet ski than me paying them any hard earned cash!......'Power to the Sat freedom fighters!' :D

LOL, I take it that you fit in the "Not on your Nelly" catagory then WR. :D

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Yep....spose you could say that m8 :D

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
I have a suitable box, but won’t pay that amount for those channels, but would watch if files became available.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
TUTV= Time U Thought Viasat....:D

Kuvo

Reaction score
Screw subscribing to that crap, I get all those chanels on sky and dont wach them, well maybe E4 and Discovery occasionally but theres no chance of me payin 8 quid just to wach E4 & Discovery in another room. And Boomerang.... what the hell is that....

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Boomerang probably is a channel that shows programs that keep comming back (repeats) :D

nix0

Reaction score
Bloomberg is a financial channel - broadcast when the markets are closed ..lol

nix0

Reaction score
I think there's an option in the poll missing.

"Yes, for a month only to get my card for when the system is cr@cked" O-Ha

In case that puzzles you, SEC@2 requires titanium cards which retail at £20-25, so if you get an OSC for £10 + 7.99 you save.

I wonder just how much of the initial subbers are one month wonders

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Very reasonable addition nix0, have added it. :)

You do however forget the £20 one of connection charge.

MickH

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
North East
rolfw said:
You do however forget the £20 one of connection charge.
Connection charge is still £10 until the end of April if you subscribe online.

ciderwar

Reaction score
tutv is a con you only get previews of the channels at so many hours a day,take tcm,it starts at 7pm til 5am so you miss all the days movies which probaly are the better movies and the same with all other channels.at least dick turpin wore a mask.

Reaction score
you got to wonder why people running pyramid scams are prosecuted when you have services like this in operation. "Hey we know that a lot of you cant afford sky or cable packages every month , so give us £8 a month and we will profit from your misfortune by letting you see a little of what others are getting"

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Did I hear right today that the BBC are saying now people can purchase extra programs (PPV)....er excuse me! who is the TV licence for?

aikon0029

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CPU Intel® Pentium® 4 640 Prescott (3.20 Ghz)
Memory 1024 MB DDR RAM - (2x 512 MB - PC3200)
Motherboard ECS 915P-M3
Hard Drive 300GB Maxtor DiamondMax SATA 6B300S0 Skystar 2 usb 1.1mtr steerable dish Manhattan XT[CM, Quali 1080ir
My Location
London [South East]
I thought I would try it, so last week I called their number, which probably most of you know is an automated service Press 1 if you want 2 or 2 if you want 4 & 5, 6 if you want other services 7 if you want to go raving bonkers. Well I finally reached somewhere in the chain that asked for my details for Direct Debit payments, it took a long time to go through it all, and at the end I was told my card would be with me in about three days, so I gave it four, no card, so called their Customer services, and was asked by a Human Being what my postal code was so that they could check, the Human Being said had I used the automated service, to which I confirmed I had. Sorry was the reply, we have no record of your application, we can do it for you now, it will not take long, my answer was " Sorry but no thank You ". So if anyone has applied via their Automated system and you have not received a card, its probably because they did not keep your details

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
One thing I have to ask and that is if the Beeb are gonna charge for viewing does that mean the TV licence is gonna be scrapped?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
WR, where have you seen that the BBC are going to charge?

TUTV is a commercial offering by a commercial company and has nothing to do with the Beeb. In fact I read that they were worried that TUTV might confuse the public after all their efforts to simplify things.

PaulR