Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Info

An old laptop borrowed out of the junk pile at work. It had Vista on it when new.

Computer specs

Toshiba Equium A100-027
2GB ram
160GB platter hdd
Intel dual core pentium according to the sticker on the front

Total cost

Nil so far

Verdict
Not going well so far! For starters the hdd had been swiped at some point so I had to rootle around for a replacement. The spares box donated a 160gb platter drive out of another old laptop. Only the usb ports on the rear panel are recognised during the boot process - the ones on the side appear to be totally inactive during initial boot.

Only 1 of my usb build discs gets anywhere into the boot process, unfortunately its a 64 bit one and the build bombs out after a few minutes at the win10 blue "window logo" with a "not 64bit architecture" error..... Im a bit puzzled at the moment although the hdd is desperately slow which is probably causing issues. I will see what else I can find over the next few nights and see how far I can get with this computer. Ive got a couple of ideas if it continues to be difficult.......

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham