Windfall (literally) WOT 2 BUY.

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
I have just recieved a windfall insurance cheque (£1600) That storm a couple of weeks ago, Now the Dragon knows nowt about this. I am about to go on a spending spree. and i`m really stuck at WOT 2 BUY. I have a few ideas (i love electronic gizzmos of any kind) (i think its an illness with me) at the mo i`m building a
Dual xeon pc (it`ll help my Brute-Forceing), but should i go for a Quad setup (£1400) just for the mobo,Or should i upgrade me Sat. Ive heard of thr dreambox, Gregorian dishs(is a 1.2 gregorian
muchas better than a 1.2 C master,Should i update me Strong 4375, Should i buy a Phillips DVD recorder,
IF YOU HAD £1600 TO SPEND WITH NO MOANING what would you buy,
Or should i just PISS IT UP THE WALL (like useual.) DAVE.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Wish I had the same dilemma Dave, but i don't. :( I've moved the thread to the envious bastards forum.....Sorry Chit Chat. :)

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
You wont believe how this came about Big R.
The dragons been NAGGING at me for 5 years to fix the kitchen roof. (being a builder) you do jackshit on yer own house. Well i finally relented four weeks ago, Refelted flat roof, slated about
3 sq metres of main roof and repointed ridge-tiles. When the winds hit i had a idea MAKE THEM PAY (Ive had insurance for18 years and only claimed once before) and that was a lightning hit kept it on the qt from her .Phoned insurance
they said get work done, I then phoned to say completed, They arranged to visit last tuesday at 2.30 (when dragons at keep FAT)
The insurance dude even commented on the shit (building rubble)
left on site, I phoned a mate to clear while he was still there. He asked my mate to go on their list of Good contractors. and now 8 days later a big cheque hit my mat. Kamakazi (devine winds)
I belive, I belive, I belive. DAVE.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, somebody up there must like you Dave.:)

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
Thanks for Advice Big R, even Pm never come through,
OUTLOOK EX notified me of your pm, i then looked no pm
(i thought id have to wait three days to reply)11,11,02-14,11,02
but i stated every pm since activated and your pm appeared.
I then pressed alt refresh and got my first post, did again and got em all. Id started to think i was on ODDESSY 5,and gone back in time. DAVE.
OHH by the way r u going on TOES piss up.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
As you mentioned the new TV series Dave, I though it might be good, but it isn't really holding my attention, perhaps I'm looking for too much out of a Sci Fi series. I still maintain that Babylon 5 was one of the best, it had a running storyline, but each episode stood up on it's own.....Just my opinion, but I really enjoyed it, even on the third time of watching.

To answer your original question though, upgrading the PC is always good, anything to do with satellite reception can be technically challenging, so the world is your oyster. :)

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
My oldest lads getting me a Box-set Bab5 series 1 for chrimbo,
Thats the best thing about Ntl bab5 si on at least once a day.

Anyway never bought any gizmos wiith me dosh (shame on me)
Got so pissed off with me partner not turning in for work
(but still wanting half the dosh) that i ****ed him off. That i bought a new Van as he owned ours, Got a belting deal R reg LDV Diesil pilot 30kms mint
condition been accident damage to nearside wing headlight,
£825 for van £150 for parts to repair(salvage yard) took me 4 hours to do.(bonus full tank of fuel).Got a few links on another site and got fully comp insureance (got no ,noclaims bonus)
for £720 So alls gone now. If any1s after easy to repair bargains
look on simpsonsalvage.com theres always a few (easy1s)