Winegard SD, reprogeamming help

bandaid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Winguard ROADTRIP: #33313
My Location
sussex
Desperately need to know I haven bought a pup.

I imported my Rv, and a Winegard SD, motorised satellite. I got it fixed on the Rv and got all power stuff done. So, when I turn on my wonderful new receiver, the dish whizzes round and round, up and down, but fixed on nothing.

I havent yet changed the LNB, ( its apparently a dual LNB, which I'll do tomorrow) but when looking at the destructions, it says its got dip switches set for a certain system that I cant mention on here... Directly...and theres another setting for a similar thing which may be concerned with the Large continent on the other side of the Atlantic:)

Anyway, can someone tell me how to either reprogram the dish, or to disconnect this set of dip switches, or whatevers needed.

Otherwise, I got the worlds most expensive roof ornament for the Motorhome.:confused

bandaid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
sussex
I got a Winegard Sd motorised dish, which, by a miracle I got to function today.

Turned the thing on and althought the dish wirrs and whizzes in circles and uup and down, it cant find a signal or a satellite.

Apparently, looking at the destructions, it appears that the dish is pre programmed to find something which I cant mention cos its against the forum rules, but I think its something to do with Digital.

So, I see theres a system of dipswitches, and I was hoping someone could give me a place to find the reporgramming data I need to find astra2 or similar for the UK.

thanks guys, in anticipation, as I dont want to have bought a big roof ornament.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unless you can find someone over here with a similar system, you are unlikely to get a reply. Have you tried Emailing Winegard?

bandaid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
sussex
Yes, with absolutely no reponse whatsoever.

I'll have another go tho'

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
we dont have winguard dishes here in europe,so no further information avalible!
you maybe have more luck,on a usa satelite board!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
One thing I can tell you is that once you get it working and you find Astra 2 the only thing you will be able to watch is what your subscription to sky will let you legally watch since sky is not compromised, the only possible way illegally is if you card share of course and I doubt it would be long before the server was terminated, especially in view of the recent ruling over here that is insisting that ISP's help in the fight agains p2p file sharing by first warning then disconnecting their customers who share such files.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Here's the operation manual for the dish, but it really is only geared up to the US services _http://www.winegard.com/mobile/pdf/2452085_%20RoadTrip_Operation.pdf

I notice that they do have live online support though, may be worth trying that.