Wiring a new house

Pligs76

Reaction score
My Location
uh::no
Will be moving into a new house and need some advice how on how correctly cable and equip my SAT installation.

WANT:
To receive 1W, 5E, 13E, 19E and 28E in 4-6 different rooms on independent SAT receivers (digital only)
- Would the Wave Frontier do the job ?(to be distributed as Force Toroidal 55 and 90 as of 1. September in some countries)

EQUIPMENT ALREADY AVAILABLE:
1m Disc with 4 universal LNB’s receiving 1W, 5E, 13E & 19.2E and connected to a 4-1 DiSEqC switch into a Force D-Master. Each LNB only has one connector.

Q1: How should I cable my house?
Q2: What disc / LNB’s would I need?
Q3: What switches / routers etc. are required?

Hope someone can point me in the right direction –without breaking the bank. Alternative ideas welcome

Pligs76

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If what I think you would like is the case, then you are looking at a hugely complicated system.

Not a problem to have a different receiver in several rooms and all on a different satellite, but to set it up so that any more than four of them can receive any of the satellites at any time is practically impossible with only one dish (well at a reasonable price anyway)

Here's how you could do it for four rooms.

Four Quad Lnbs to replace the existing four Universals, one output from each to a four way Diseqc unit, repeated three more times, a single cable from each DiseqC to each room.

The Digibox cannot be connected in this way as it doesn't operate Diseqc switches.

Rolf

Pligs76

Reaction score
My Location
uh::no
Thanks Rolf,

I follow you on what you suggest, but that is as far as my SAT knowledge goes.

Instead of using Quad LNB's and 4 x 4-way DiSEqC could I use something like a Spaun multiswitch? (or similar)- and would that work if I had 2 discs with a total of 5 LNB's?

Pligs76

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
"Instead of using Quad LNB's and 4 x 4-way DiSEqC could I use something like a Spaun multiswitch? (or similar)- and would that work if I had 2 discs with a total of 5 LNB's?

Pligs76"

Sorry Pligs, I'm not familiar with the Spaun multiswitch, but if it's similar to most of the other multiswitches, then it will require a quatro LNB to feed it with the H,V,Upper and Lower inputs, but can only handle one satellite at a time.

There may be a multisat multiswitch in existence but I am not aware of it and the cost would probably be prohibitive.

It may be more productive to look at your minimum requirements from the system and then work from there.

Rolf