Words of wisdom...

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
or, how to get a free (or cheap) motorised dish... :D

There's a setup just down the road from where I am at the moment, it looks oldish but not too old, it appears to have a Cambridge Universal III LNB (or a similar equivalent) and is about 1-1.2m big and has a motor on the back. Now in the past 3 years of me noticing it, I have not seen it move or seen it in a different position, sooo I think it may be disused, and I want it (not that I have the space to put it up, yet).... :rolleyes:

So, anyone got any advice on what I could do to try and get this setup for myself??? :D

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well short of knocking on the door and asking if they need it removing. . . . . .. :)

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
If you've got a van, there's a guy on fleabay wants to get rid of a 1.2mtr dish and a 1.7mtr dish and mounts and actuators and an MSS500 for £20. Just go and pick them up from him he says.

L.:)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Lancelot said:
If you've got a van, there's a guy on fleabay wants to get rid of a 1.2mtr dish and a 1.7mtr dish and mounts and actuators and an MSS500 for £20. Just go and pick them up from him he says.

L.:)

Nope, not got a van, can't even drive (legally) yet... :(

Dunno if I'd fit a 1.7M dish through my front door though, I have to duck slightly to get through it!!! :D

I'll just see what this guy says about his dish and motor (and any other equipment he has that he doesn't need anymore!!!)... :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Looks like he's fitted a new Invacom LNB onto the dish, must be in use (or he knows it's his dish I'm talking about and is a browser of th forums....), so it looks like it's not going to be mine.... :(

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
Go to the door and say your from the NSADSE. (National society against disuse of satellite equipment) and you wish to re-house the motor to a home where it can be cared for and useful.:)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
AlexBellisBrown said:
Go to the door and say your from the NSADSE. (National society against disuse of satellite equipment) and you wish to re-house the motor to a home where it can be cared for and useful.:)

Erm, I just said he's fitted a new LNB onto the dish.... :rolleyes:

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
yes, but he doesnt use the motor does he???:-rub

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
AlexBellisBrown said:
yes, but he doesnt use the motor does he???:-rub

I don't know that yet though, for all I know the motor could be ceased up/burnt out/dead as a dodo.... :rolleyes:

But, you have given me an idea..... ;)
(in other words, watch this space...)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
2cvbloke said:
Dunno if I'd fit a 1.7M dish through my front door though, I have to duck slightly to get through it!!! :D
Is it going in the house then?:-rofl2

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
jimbo said:
Is it going in the house then?:-rofl2

Where else? :D

Just working on something you lot will like... ;) :D

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
What position is the dish pointed at?

Maybe he just has a Sky receiver.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
gameboy said:
What position is the dish pointed at?

Maybe he just has a Sky receiver.

Looks like it's either 13e or 19.e as 28.2e is parallel with the street my mum lives on which this dish is on...

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
My little idea inspired by AlexBellisBrown..... :D

Proper business cards!!!! :D :D :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I spied another 2 dishes, 1 on a BMW sales place near me and one in Nelson on some office block, but I like the one in Nelson better as it's Pime Focus...;)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
And from memory, the one in nelson has a C120 LNB setup I think....