working firmware reader needed for kaon stb

Agent-mith11

Reaction score
hello to all my friends
friends i need ur guide for kaon receiver. i ve kaon receiver ksc100mco
i need to backup my firmware from flash 39vf160z.i ve tried many times but i ve failed to backup full firmware to pc. i ve software named flash reader for kaon stb.i can connect to the stb and can download bootloader or any block frm the receiver but when i try to download full flash it never start.for ur infomation i can download any block frm receiver but when i select the start block frm 0 to any increment number it fails but if i select start block 1 i can download the full flash but i m afraid that its full flash. and when i read that file with radiac tools it says "it is not a recognized firmware format"
And when i use another software named software reader for kaon stb it wont work at all and keeps saying "sending request" and yes i used the procedure to turn stb in host mode by pressing ch up 3 time and favourite on remote and stb screen say "Elod" at that time but nothing happens.
and next about jtagging.the pcb of the receiver have no connection for jtag at all not even any trace for it :-lan2 so it means i ve to remove chip and read its firmware and thats very risky as we all know. or need to have very detailed information of the hardware of my stb to jtag it right in the pcb
and the last but not least question is that is there the possibilty that the fimware of my stb is protected so that it cant be read or copied if so then whats the remedy for it?
any help and suggestion is highly appreciated :-Welcome1

Agent-mith11

Reaction score
Hummmm........
So Nobody here's got any anwers for my question very bad.
Anyone techy ???

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Do not take it personally Agent$mith11 Kaons do not appear to be that popular. Perhaps the initial length of the post put people off reading it all.

Surej

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec star 9700. Starsat 150D,Eurobox 9700 CI, Xcam , Merlin, Xcam Premium , Dragon
You can take out the chip and read in programmers like Lt48 or Williem prog..it's not that hard to fix it back..

WBR

Surej

Agent-mith11

Reaction score
Surej said:
You can take out the chip and read in programmers like Lt48 or Williem prog..it's not that hard to fix it back..

WBR

Surej

thanks surej but I dont wanna spend an eye and a leg just to read out the firmware frm the chip i want a cheap solution like jtag or simple rs232 software reader.
By the way i have found the pinouts for jtagging the sti5518 on kaon stb
i need to know can i make jtag interface of 74hc14 or It only work with 74hc244.Or should i use simple interface from pc lpt to chip.anyone having knowledge please help.

:D

Surej

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec star 9700. Starsat 150D,Eurobox 9700 CI, Xcam , Merlin, Xcam Premium , Dragon
you can make JTAG with out the chip too..using 74hc244 is safe way..it's very popular chip and a cheap one...you can get it in almost any electronic spare shop..if you need any help contact me ...

WBR
Surej
surej@yahoo.com