World Cup fantasy league - NAME POLL

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Well, quite simply, which name should we use for our fantasy league for the World Cup?

Due to the, well, sh... sorry poor turnout of ONE nomination, I've took the liberty of adding two myself!

All songs can be heard (30 second samples) via MyCokeMusic.co.uk - http://sib1.od2.com/common/Framework.aspx?shid=047E005C

Remember, your meant to be judging the name, but I'm sure it'll turn into a song contest :-doh! .

Poll will end on Monday 15th. World Cup fantasy league will begin Thursday May 18th.

About our fantasy league - I'm sure you've all seen our F1 Fantasy League (SuperLiga) thread, and many of the regulars are league members. Well now its time for the big one! We shall be using the Yahoo/FIFA official fantasy game - http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/e/ff/index.html - and again we will have a private fantasy league just for us satellites.co.uk-ers(!).

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEASE SOMEONE KICK OFF THE VOTING, 9 of ya have had a ganda, at least two of you must have had an opinion O-Ha

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
well ill kick of the voteing then

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
wolfav said:
well ill kick of the voteing then

cheers. its all going rather nicely now, hopefully theyll keep on rolling in now!

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
how about
vinda league / song. vindaloo by fat les
the craziest, catchiest, most anarchic four minutes of pop music I've heard
"Vindaloo" by Fat Les was an old-fashioned footie chant, with a title referring to the fact that curries are now the British national cuisine. A collaboration between actor Keith Allen, Blur member Alex James, and cow-in-formaldehyde artist Damien Hirst, it had martial drums, fuzzy guitar, and a chorus that stays in your head for weeks at a time. The video was a parody of the Verve's "Bittersweet Symphony"--the Richard Ashcroft figure tries to walk moodily down the street, but is soon surrounded and overwhelmed by gleeful England fans, including a Beefeater, crowds of children, and sumo wrestlers carrying buckets of spicy curry.
The lyrics in their entirety: "Where on earth are you from/We're from England/Where do you come from/Do you put the kettle on/Kick it/Nah nah nah nah nah nah.../Bonjour [b/g: nah nah]/Monsieur [b/g: nah nah nah nah nah nah]/We're England!/We're gonna score one more than you!/England!/[whistle blown]/Can I introduce you please to a lump of cheddar cheese/Knit one/Pearl one/Drop one/Curl one/Kick it/Nah nah nah nah nah nah.../We're England!/We're gonna score one more than you/England!/Me and me mum and me dad and me gran/We're off to Waterloo/Me and me mum and me dad and me gran/And a bucket of vindaloo/Bucket/Vindaloo vindaloo vindaloo vindaloo nah nah/Vindaloo vindaloo vindaloo vindaloo nah nah/Vindaloo vindaloo/And we all like vindaloo/We're England/We're gonna score one more than you/England! [repeat chorus until out of breath]":D

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Thanks for the 'Post of the Week' O-Ha, fantastic. Its a shame you missed the deadline for nominees, only one other person bothered!

bronking said:
how about
vinda league / song. vindaloo by fat les
the craziest, catchiest, most anarchic four minutes of pop music I've heard
"Vindaloo" by Fat Les was an old-fashioned footie chant, with a title referring to the fact that curries are now the British national cuisine. A collaboration between actor Keith Allen, Blur member Alex James, and cow-in-formaldehyde artist Damien Hirst, it had martial drums, fuzzy guitar, and a chorus that stays in your head for weeks at a time. The video was a parody of the Verve's "Bittersweet Symphony"--the Richard Ashcroft figure tries to walk moodily down the street, but is soon surrounded and overwhelmed by gleeful England fans, including a Beefeater, crowds of children, and sumo wrestlers carrying buckets of spicy curry.
The lyrics in their entirety: "Where on earth are you from/We're from England/Where do you come from/Do you put the kettle on/Kick it/Nah nah nah nah nah nah.../Bonjour [b/g: nah nah]/Monsieur [b/g: nah nah nah nah nah nah]/We're England!/We're gonna score one more than you!/England!/[whistle blown]/Can I introduce you please to a lump of cheddar cheese/Knit one/Pearl one/Drop one/Curl one/Kick it/Nah nah nah nah nah nah.../We're England!/We're gonna score one more than you/England!/Me and me mum and me dad and me gran/We're off to Waterloo/Me and me mum and me dad and me gran/And a bucket of vindaloo/Bucket/Vindaloo vindaloo vindaloo vindaloo nah nah/Vindaloo vindaloo vindaloo vindaloo nah nah/Vindaloo vindaloo/And we all like vindaloo/We're England/We're gonna score one more than you/England! [repeat chorus until out of breath]":D

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
Salty25 said:
Thanks for the 'Post of the Week' O-Ha, fantastic. Its a shame you missed the deadline for nominees, only one other person bothered!

comeon salty voting still has a few day's to go, when was the deadline for nominees?

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
bronking said:
comeon salty voting still has a few day's to go, when was the deadline for nominees?

Wednesday (take a look at the previous thread). I guess you just got unlcuky!

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
My Location
cheshire,algeria
Salty25 said:
Wednesday (take a look at the previous thread). I guess you just got unlcuky!

ooh i wish i had the power to......:D

ahh well that's the song i'll be singing:)

ps what's "unlcuky":-rofl2

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
bronking said:
ooh i wish i had the power to......:D

ahh well that's the song i'll be singing:)

ps what's "unlcuky":-rofl2

O-Ha bloody typing! we'll all be singing that song, and if we win, the Embrace song will be popular i'm sure (I think its quite good actually!).

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Well, there it is! SATster's Cup it is! Look out for THE official 'Satellites.co.uk (World Cup Fantasy League) SATster's Cup' thread on Thursday 18th.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
I'm sorry for the delay in starting up the fantasy league. This is because Yahoo, who are running the official World Cup fantasy game which we shall be using, appear to have all the organisational skills of a yak.

I've emailed them TWICE today to complain that the fantasy game is not up and running as it should be - it was due to start today - and I have yet to receive anything but an automated reply. Suffice to say, I'm bloody angry 'O'-red!

If, by Sunday they still have not started up, then we shall be forced to find another fantasy game in which to conduct our league. The reason for prefering the official game is that, you would expect, the stats on the players, to me more accurate than elsewhere.

I'll shall check again before the end of tonight, but I may not be able to check again until tomorrow afternoon as I have an exam, how annoying(!). Be sure though that when/if it does start, I shall start the proper official thread for it, so keep your eyes open.