World in Box II for TPS UPgrade

jejeparis

Reaction score
i just look at starsw.com but nothing new , hope somebody can give us another site to download sw for my starttrack world in box II thanks a lot:-ohmy

FullSignal

Reaction score
I wait too.....)(-red
All receiver like Fortec Star and Metabox....etc have the new firmware but not Star Track! ({})
I hope very soon!

Digital2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s,Dreambox 800HD PVR,Max 1000,Vivax 505, Starsat 200CI. Desktop with WinXP, Laptop with Vista & Netbook with Win7. External HD/Media Recorder.Hotbird,Nilesat,Asiasat3S & Intelsat.
My Location
Middle East (Currently!)
Right, no upgrade yet for TPS; but you still get to watch Free X-1 and Free X-2 for free! Is it not? ;)

jejeparis

Reaction score
Digital2 said:
Right, no upgrade yet for TPS; but you still get to watch Free X-1 and Free X-2 for free! Is it not? ;)
yes but i am french so TPS and Multivision are the best for me; polsat does not work too

jefly

Reaction score
jejeparis said:
yes but i am french so TPS and Multivision are the best for me; polsat does not work too
Salut, je sais que tous le monde cherche le nouveaux soft, moi aussi, mais mon problème le plus urgent pour l'instant, c'est de pouvoir transferer une quelconque mise à jour sur ma world in box 2, je n'y arrive pas. je lance Arioner, jusqu'à send to ird, tous va bien, mais pas de transfert. J'ai un cable serie avec 2 db9 femelles, peux-tu me confirmer le cablage ? le mien est cablé 5-5, 2-3, 3-2, est-ce bon? Si oui, ou est la fausse manip ? Merci d'avance.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
<< Please Post in English in this section >>
<<or provide a translation >>

Thank You

L

jejeparis

Reaction score
jefly said:
Salut, je sais que tous le monde cherche le nouveaux soft, moi aussi, mais mon problème le plus urgent pour l'instant, c'est de pouvoir transferer une quelconque mise à jour sur ma world in box 2, je n'y arrive pas. je lance Arioner, jusqu'à send to ird, tous va bien, mais pas de transfert. J'ai un cable serie avec 2 db9 femelles, peux-tu me confirmer le cablage ? le mien est cablé 5-5, 2-3, 3-2, est-ce bon? Si oui, ou est la fausse manip ? Merci d'avance.
hello , the cable is more complex , u have to buy null modem cable ( i bought it in surcouf) ; tu dois acheter un cable null modem par exemple chez surcouf ca marche tres bien .
after u plug the cable , u start the program as u do it is written wait for ack, u switch on the receiver world in box and it start automaticly, at the end wait until the message transfert successful (dont stop before!!!!)
bon courage

astigmat2000

Reaction score
Hello I hope this time it's going to work. If you need astep by step for the Star track, I can provide you with, because I spent quite a while trying to make it work.

Friendly.
LB
JAJAJA132002 said:
Now Dispo Sur Starsw Au 21 12 04

astigmat2000

Reaction score
Cable null modem, don't spend money on that. You just need 2 female DB9 connectors and 3 wires connected as follows:

2 -------- 3
3 -------- 2
5 -------- 5
That's all, price 3 Euros, 5 minutes to make.
Yesterday, I had written a very nice step by step procedure, spent 20 minutes tout write it and when I posted it.......rejected({})
Friendly.
LB

astigmat2000

Reaction score
Well for the Star track, the null modem cable see the previous post.

The computer, check the serial port parameters:
Bit/second:115200
Data bits:8
Parity:none
Stop bit: 1
Flow control:none
Advanced parameters: the 2 cursors at the maximum speed on the right.
The translation might be a bit strange but I use a French computer with a French version of XP. So the translation given for the different parameters might be inaccurate. Sorry for that.
Next post the Star track receiver.......to be continued:ch1
Friendly.
LB

astigmat2000

Reaction score
Now the Star track World-In-Box.

Connect the receiver to the computer by means of the Null modem cable. It could also be necessary to disable your antivirus and firewall programs for the 5 minutes necessary to the whole process.
Make sure you have downloaded, from starsw.com, the correct firmware for your receiver.
The receiver must be off by means of the REAR ON/OFF SWITCH.
  • Launch Arioner, select the firmware to be uploaded in the receiver.
  • Click on [Send program to IRD]. Arioner displays "Waiting connect request ack".
  • Switch on the receiver by means of the REAR ON/OFF SWITCH.
The transfer starts, during that process DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING and do not interrupt the process. If you do so your receiver could be definitly killed.
When the transfer is finished (2 to 3 minutes), DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING until you see the message "Download end succesfully" that will appear 1 minute roughly after the end of the transfer.
  • You can switch off the receiver, disconnect everything, update the keys if necessary and enjoy your Christmas, for the Christians.:ch2
All the best for the new year.
Friendly.
LB

astigmat2000

Reaction score
A French version of the previous posts can be obtained for those whose English is not that good.

Friendly.:ny
LB