Worldcup widescreen

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
Those who forked out hardd earned £££ on a widescreen tv to watch worldcup football should know the broadcsats are in 4.3 mode.
ITV matchs have red rectangles on the left and right hand side of the screen.
BBC matches are in a smaller box.

Not all is bad news , the BBC do have widescreen BUT only if your go into BBCi (Press red button).
hope that helps.

methos_de

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Ver.3 SKY+ box
1,20m Dish
Quad Invacom 0, 3db LNB

P4 3,4 ghz
1024mb RAM
Geforce 256mb 6800 Ultra
My Location
Sunny old Bristol
How crap was that ??? I noticed the same. I'll have to check out the bbci later on.
Methos.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 05-Jun-02 AT 02:12 PM (GMT)]Additionally I believe (at least in Japan matches) the signal is converted first to PAL from an NTSC source, and so the resolution will also be adversly affected by approximately 14/15%

This is before it gets sent over here by whatever medium is deemed most cost effective, then decompressed, converted again to the broadcasting standard of choice, further compressed and then sent up

1) By Skys uplink, with the additional 36000 mile link, to a zone 1 dish with mismatched LNB feed and 0.8dB LNB, with stability problems, to a domestic Sky Digibox that has a loose F connector at the back of it,

or

2) over the UHF transmitter nearest you, to your probably mismatched Yagi aerial to be detected by the DTT box at the end of the piece of string sold in B+Q as quality aerial cable,

before passing though a high quality gold plated SCART conector into your £3000 Plasma screen monitor

Its only 23 people kicking a ball about for 90 minutes , or am I missing something