Worth paying extra for MR Rev over MR?

RyokoFanUK

Reaction score
Was just wondering if its worth paying extra for a MR Rev CAM over a MR CAM? ...

Does the MR Rev really offer *great things* over a MR Cam?

mayday

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax
AMD2800+
No!!! It may seem that the soft development for MR has been abandoned but just yesterday I found a new bin file at:

http://satspb.delfi.lv/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=mr121.zip

You have the same stuff working + you can use the card reader which wasn't possible when using Mrv soft on MR. There is absolutely no advantage of Mrv over MR.

rossy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox f3 spiderbox died hd9000 technomate 1500ci+, skystar2,1.1m dish .3db bluline lnb,Sky,
Span 58W to 42e with trees bare! 42e gone and now 39e
My Location
southern england, Berkshire
mayday said:
No!!! It may seem that the soft development for MR has been abandoned but just yesterday I found a new bin file at:

http://satspb.delfi.lv/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=mr121.zip

You have the same stuff working + you can use the card reader which wasn't possible when using Mrv soft on MR. There is absolutely no advantage of Mrv over MR.

Only advanatge is some places its cheaper than MR

RyokoFanUK

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! will go for the MR CAM then... just imagined that as the MR Rev was the succesor of MR it would come with extra functionality but it appears that it does not.

mayday

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax
AMD2800+
Is it? Well, most places it is the other way around and in case of accidental Xilinx erase it is easier to fix it on MR. Simply because there is a 100% original Xilinx file available for MR.