Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mondeal 7500 + Dragon cam. 1M moveable dish
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
:-rofl2

I thought it was to good to be true. DB now working with Gemini. emus working;) but when I did a sat scan on hotbird I only got 95 transponders and 567 channels. Is there some sort of filter, of packing different channels into different places?

Tim.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
This is Dreambox humour, yes?

You mean a bouquet.

Get the channel listing, select the channel, hit menu, add to specific bouquet, select FAVS from the bouquet list. Then when you have tge hang of that, create markers. Then move them into a sensible order.

You can do all this by downloading to your PC and using DBedit (or something similar). I do it all by handset :)

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
No.

If I download official image I can download all cahnnels available on hotbird.

If I use Gemini 2.4 db only downloads half of them. (not the good ones). So I tried to downlaod transponders manually, it says I have done that but I can't find them in services or providers?

Weird or what?

Tim.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
You then need to scan the satellite.

In theory you may be able to download a "list" off the net e.g.Pet123- I've never got them to work. Get your sat/ transponder list. Move your dish there (stored your sat position?) and then scan.

Move to next satellite and repeat.

Or have I misunderstood again? I'll get my jacket....

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
No. My dish is set at 13e My Mondeal receiver connected and scanned on Hotbird. I have over 1500 channels. When I connect DB. It scans the same but only 95 transponders are found and only 900 ish services.

when I look in services or channels, vox,Motors tv, Absat, 12092 etc are not there. OK so I try to downlaod them manually, it scans them and then they disappear.

where can they be???????.

Tim.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
The shitty tuner...

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
Oh come on, thats no help ,I agree with you, but why? they were there at lunchtime, am I looking in the wrong place or is the bloody thing faulty again?

Tim.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
OK... when setting up 13E you nudged it east or west until you got the strongest signal and then stored the position, and then scanned it?

That's all you can do. Best done when not raining.

I'm in the Midlands and have scanned Absat6-9 but they send nothing. Vox yes (but I don't speak German), Motors TV 1158 yes, 12092 No.

Are there any other English channels?

Is your dish arc perfect?

Sorry can't be of more help.

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
Yes I think you must be right, it must be the clear sky. although it says on manual scan that 12092 is locked on. I can't get xxl either, German but the pictures are good!

Here in Devon it a beautifull still clear night, I will try tomorrow when there is a gale forecast, my luck as I am the boat.

Cheers

Tim.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
It should be better on a clear night, worse when windy and/ or raining ;)

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Just updated your PM, for got to add that you need to get a new settings list, off the site add i gave you. Then using flash wizzard pro enter the new settings list. And re scan of hotbird will sort you out. Have you got fwpro up and running ??and dont forget to enter the ip no of your box and same passwords. It will only take a minute to do. Did you sort out your url on dreambox Yet.

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
Hi John url on db is all done, I will downlaod fwpro and flashwizard this evening. and will look at pm at home.

Cheers

Tim.

tris

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tecnomate tm-1000 d
dm500
motor 90cm triax
My Location
south west
john_graydon said:
Just updated your PM, for got to add that you need to get a new settings list, off the site add i gave you. Then using flash wizzard pro enter the new settings list. And re scan of hotbird will sort you out. Have you got fwpro up and running ??and dont forget to enter the ip no of your box and same passwords. It will only take a minute to do. Did you sort out your url on dreambox Yet.
hi there can you please pm me the same as i have had this problem since i got my dm500 and i have learnt to live with it i cant find a settings list anywhere
thanks
ps nice to see storm55 got there in the end. good work

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
Hi Tris.

I think my problems started when I carried out Factory reset. I must have lost a file somewhere. Didn't receive pm from john. but hv contacted him if I get any joy I will let u know. I am going to try and get Dreamwizard pro to work, it looks bloo** diffecult.

Cheers

Tim.

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
Hi Tris.

I hv pm'd you with answer, its easy........................:-rofl2.

Its good to help someone in return.

Tim.

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
Oh Sh*t,

I have downloaded new settings list, and the channels are coming up with service cannot be found. but all channels downloaded before the settings list are working perfectly, any ideas

Tim.

Oh sh*t

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I find that downloading settings and satellite XML directly to the box causes problems. I would suggest the following:
Open up your old list in DBE and then use the "compare with services from dreambox or on disc. Once you have updated the channel list go to the tools again and press "Update Satellites XML" Then FTP back to box, reload and see what happens.

tris

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tecnomate tm-1000 d
dm500
motor 90cm triax
My Location
south west
i think its all a bit trial and error with these dreamboxes but wow how much fun thay are once you get over the jumping up and down on top of them thing lol thanks storm