would this work?

bigfish1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
n/a
My Location
Egham, Surrey
Would this setup work please?

If i had 3 lnbs 13,19 and 28. Going into a diseqc switch on the roof then 1 cable coming down into my box. I know this will work with the reciever im using.
But if i wanted to plug in a sky digibox at a later date to that cable would the digibox be able to get through the diseqc switch to get the 28.2?

ty

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Put 28.2 on port 1 and you should be OK. :)

Failing that, run the three cables into the loft and put the switch in there, then run a spare cable out for when you get the digibox, so that you can connect it directly. :)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Alternatively, you could put a TWIN LNB at the 28.2E position ( if there is room), leave the switch where it is and run two cables into the house, one for a sky box, the other for a standard receiver.

bigfish1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
n/a
My Location
Egham, Surrey
yea i thought of them ideas to run a seperate cable, Kind of a catch 22 though as i need to be sure if it will work in port 1 of the switch before the installer does it as i cant change it myself after. thanks for advice.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That's why I suggested putting it in the loft, but having said that, Robbo71's suggestion is better, then you will have the best of both worlds, as when you get your Sky digibox, you will still also have the FTA channels on your other receiver. :)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
bigfish1 said:
yea i thought of them ideas to run a seperate cable, Kind of a catch 22 though as i need to be sure if it will work in port 1 of the switch before the installer does it as i cant change it myself after. thanks for advice.

As the Sky box is incapable of Diseqc switching, there is a way of simulating this with a standard receiver. In the setup menu, disable the diseqc switching option, i.e set it to OFF for 28.2E. Then connect it to port 1 like Rolf said and see if it works.

Anyway, if you were getting an installer in, and told him what you wanted, (assuming that its not the free Sky install), I imagine that he would set it up to give you what you require, fitting a TWIN lnb if necessary.

gocekisme

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3 Satt dishes & adsl
My Location
Turkey
I also have a Digiturk receiver which is similar to the sky set up, would your ideas work on that system

gocekisme

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3 Satt dishes & adsl
My Location
Turkey
Just as a matter of interest is it possible to link into one receiver?
I have a dish tuned to Hotbird,another tuned to Turksat and another tuned to Digiturk
My receivers are, a Digiturk box and a Next Satellite system box.
I can receieve Sirius as well although not many channels

Thank you
CJ

v9oly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500S & 7020s. Technomate 9100 & 1500. Force frontier fixed, Raven 90 fixed, Triax 90 motorised dish. Diablo & dragon cams.
My Location
South West
You could use a twin output lnb on any of those and run a second cable to work independantly. You can loop through if your receiver allows this, but if the first box is on then you are limited to that boxes selection (to subsequent receivers).
Best to dig deep at the onset and get your installer to use twin output lnbs to the required satellites.

Regards,
Ollie

bigfish1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
n/a
My Location
Egham, Surrey
i managed to get it tested it it works in port 1 no problems. ty for advice