would you please help me

armen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Celeron 2.8 512 ram 160 Gb hard
My Location
Iran
my problem is that i want to use my skystar HD card to receive broadband internet through sattellite the internet service provider told me to start my data application and type "ipconfig /all" in ms-dos prompt to view my Mac adderess but my physical adderess comes up like this 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00 do you think this is normal would you please sky star HD users check this for me. thank you

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It should show as 6 sets of 2 digits. can you show a screen capture? Are you sure that your HD card will work for data?

armen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Iran
rolfw said:
It should show as 6 sets of 2 digits. can you show a screen capture? Are you sure that your HD card will work for data?
thank you for your reply i was wrong it shows 6 sets of 2 digits but all of them are zeros lke this 00-00-00-00-00-00. they do not come as proper Mac Adderess. This is the links to my screen captures http://www24.rapidupload.com/d.php?file=dl&filepath=20723 and http://www24.rapidupload.com/d.php?file=dl&filepath=20724 as you can see in both screens the physical address are all zeros. as i read in technisat web site it had written that the card works for Data reception via sattellte this is the official web site of the card where i read about it http://www.technisat.com/en/produkte/produkteview.php?kid=29,100&pid=1747

thank you

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately I haven't had my Skystar2 card installed for years now and even longer since I used it for internet. If you look in the Device manager, does it show the card as a Network Adapter?

armen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Iran
Sorry for replying late. i looked in the device manager it does not show it as a netwok adaptor i have attached a screen capture of my device manager. the link is http://www8.rapidupload.com/d.php?file=dl&filepath=37530

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Right, if it isn't showing as a network adapter, then it needs to be installed as one, otherwise it won't work for internet. Did you install all of the Technisat software?

armen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Iran
yes i have installed all the technisat software the data application and everything but it doeas not show up as network adaptor. when i start up my data application software and go to the network conncetion it comes up as microsoft tv/video connection i have attached a screen capture of it here is the link http://www3.rapidupload.com/d.php?file=dl&filepath=27689

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I'm afraid that this is where my small amount of knowledge on PC cards runs out armen, as it sounds like your card may not be designed to act as a network card. You could try to go to www.sateuropa.co.uk and post in their little forum, as they are the UK distributor for Technisat. :)

meernabeel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.8 Pentium D , 1 GB DDR2, 360 GB X 2 Raid 0, Skystar 2 PCI, WinXP Pro SUSE 10.2 Dual Boot.
My Location
Pakistan
Hello Armen.

Ok I saw the screen cap u uploaded.. first of all i think its still bieng shown as a network card .. u need to provide a mac address manually . to do that first u have to note the mac that is printed either on the back of your card.. or on the box it came in.. once u have the mac go to the network properties page .. where u see the Lan connection. right click to call properties and in the general tab .. you will see the name of the card under "connect using " .. right now dont pay attention to the name just click configure.. go to advanced and then select Local Network Address and here type the mac address u noted before .. lets say if your mac address was 00-D0-D7-E4-45-T4 then you will need to type it without "-" . i.e 00D0D7E445T4 .. apply the settings and then go to the tcp/ip settings of the same card .. and if you see "192.168.238.238" then you dont need to change anything.. if the ip fields are blank then type " 192.168.238.238" in the ip field and 255.255.255.0 in the subnet mask.. leave everything as it is .. and then apply settings and restart.. finally check again by Start>Run>cmd> ipconfig /all ... and now you should see the mac and ip of the card..if not then remove the drivers .. download the latest from technisat.de and then try again.. also let me know which broadband are you using .. may be i can help u more as i have done internet broadband setups for lots of ppl. and myself using it for the past 3 years .. hope ur problem is solved ..

meernabeel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.8 Pentium D , 1 GB DDR2, 360 GB X 2 Raid 0, Skystar 2 PCI, WinXP Pro SUSE 10.2 Dual Boot.
My Location
Pakistan
correction.. u dont need to remove drivers .. ur drivers are fine .. just do what i mentioned in my previous post ..thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks for that meernabeel, had me stumped. :)

armen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Iran
Thank you rolfw and meernable. Dear Meernable i went to the network properties and did as you told me but when i went to configure there was no local network address and there was no place to type the Mac address. Here is the screen capture link before and after i have clicked configure. and by the way my internet provider is satgate. I think I have to go and get the new drivers from the technisat to make this thing work because the new driver is available right now. http://www17.rapidupload.com/d.php?file=dl&filepath=20310 and http://www17.rapidupload.com/d.php?file=dl&filepath=20313

meernabeel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Pakistan
ok .. seen your caps ... now i'm uploading my caps download and check them out.. and it will be a better option to upgrade drivers if available .. see if that helps ..otherwise you can see the caps i uploaded and configure accordingly

Attachments

• cap-1.JPG
    cap-1.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 15
  • cap-2.JPG
    cap-2.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 21
  • cap-3.JPG
    cap-3.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 14
  • cap-4.JPG
    cap-4.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 14

armen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Iran
Thank you for your caps. The problem is that when i go to configure i can not see anything like yours. As you know my DVB card is skystar HD everything is different with this card. i do not know if there is something wrong with my card or all the skystar HDs inthe market are like this.