Wrestling Channel to launch on Sky March 15th

N

net1

The Wrestling Channel will be launching on SKY Digital in the UK, on March 15th 2004, and will be on channel 432. The Wrestling Channel will be bringing you the hottest Pro-Wrestling action from around the globe. The line-up includes NWA:TNA, FWA, CZW, MLW, ROH, GAEA, IWW, NJPW, NOAH, 3PW, Memphis Classic Wrestling, RF Video Shoot Interviews, NJPW Classic Wrestling, ITV: World of Sport, and more...

Friendly TV have acquired some more programming from the promotions which The Wrestling Channel will be contracted to from March 15th. TWC will be sponsoring these programmes on Friendly TV in the run up to the launch, so wrestling fans will know what to expect when broadcasting begins. Friendly TV's wrestling schedule is subject to change.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Jackie Pallo, Mick McManus where are you now?

PaulR

N

net1

I guess most of those from that era wouldn't be able to get in the ring today Paul.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
N

net1

GlobeCast has signed a long term agreement with Dolphin TV to deliver its new Wrestling Channel direct-to-home via Sky Digital from March 2004.

As the first channel in the world entirely dedicated to wrestling, the Wrestling Channel will offer its audience a vast selection of pro-wrestling action including weekly shows from Japan, South America, the UK and the US independent series, as well as classic and memorable wrestling from the 70's, 80's & 90's. The channel's daytime programming is expected to attract a wide range of viewers, while the evening programming will focus on the 16-24 year old demographic. Dolphin TV's Dublin based production partner, Maxtron Media Group, will be editing all the wrestling content specifically for the UK audience.

The Wrestling Channel is London-based Dolphin TV's first media ownership venture and GlobeCast's role will be to provide an end-to-end, managed satellite distribution service, which includes encryption, uplink and space capacity. GlobeCast will receive The Wrestling Channel via terrestrial fibre and deliver the feed to GlobeCast's UK-based Brookmans Park teleport for uplink to Eurobird 28.5°E. The Wrestling Channel will then be broadcast DTH to over 7 million Sky Digital viewers across the UK.