Wrong brackets

student

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 7025+ 500GB, 85cm transparent dish on motor, 50Mbit line, Czech Link
My Location
East coast UK
I got sky zone 2 minidish today and only when I got back home (hour of driving each way) I have found up that my dish does not match the brackets I got with the dish. :-doh!
The dish seems quite big it’s 55x75cm, so I am wondering is it wrong dish or the brackets? Can I do anything else than drive back and exchange the stuff? If it’s any help the LNB is Raven. Also the LNB has some kind of positioner numbered 1-5 at the bottom, what is it for?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have you got some photos of the bracketry?

The numbers on the bottom of the LNB are skew settings.

student

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East coast UK
Sorry, the best pictures I can make are only with my phone. The first picture is of the bracket that doesn’t fit, if I put the LNB holder in place the screws holding the dish are way off. The other picture is of other bits that came with the dish, if it’s any help.

Thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
By way out of line, how far do you mean? The brackets look like standard zone 2 brackets.

student

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East coast UK
They are off by about 8.5cm at the bottom and 4.5cm at the top screw holes. The only way it can connect if I drill some more holes in the dish. I guess, probably not very good idea?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Certainly sounds like it is the wrong face for the brackets then, they can sometimes be out by a few millimetres, but not more. Guess that it's a two hour round trip for you unfortunately.

PS. If you are using this for a motor, then try and get them to replace the LNB with a Skyware, one which can be set to zero skew without doctoring the case.

J

Jeff_19341

Drill some holes in the dish, easier than 2hrs driving. The few original holes in the dish will not have any noticeable effect on your your reception.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
But will the dish face be the correct size and geometry for the length of boom arm?

student

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East coast UK
Yes I agree. I will take it back. What a waste of time.

Thanks

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Try and get a refund on your petrol money as it seem to have been their fault.

Nothing worse than getting something home that doesn't fit!

I take it it's not upside down?

student

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East coast UK
I wish it was upside down. :D There is no mistaking it as there is hole for the LNB arm.

student

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East coast UK
Well, finally I have my zone 2 dish. This time only couple of U bolts missing. I am going to buy these in B&Q.

Anyway, I want to ask whether there are any channels or reference signals that I should be looking for when installing the dish for Astra 19.2? Also is the elevation of the dish same like my sky dish?

Many thanks for help

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The elevation will be fractionally higher, there are reference channels listed for most of the satellites in a sticky thread at the top of this section. :)

PS. What dish face had they given you?

student

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East coast UK
Ok, thanks. I will have a look.