Help Required Wrong region in freesat

Fantoma68

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky plus Q Dish with quad LNB
My Location
Cheshire (North West) UK
The level of response on here is greatly appreciated, thank you.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It's not a SKY issue LNB, I replaced the the Sky Q plus LNB with a quad LNB I got from a famous auction site about 15 quid.
I'll have to wait until I buy another Receiver/Recorder, probably at the weeekend.
It'll still be a Sky issue LNB, but hopefully the new receiver will be fine.

lovinthetelly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+HD, Wavefrontier T90 with 16 quad/octo LNBs receiving 42E/39E/33E/28E/26E/23E/19E/16E/13E/10E/9E/7E/5E/3E/1.9E/1W/5W/12.5W through 3 EMPCentuari 16-way DiSEqCs to TBS6522, Octagon SF8008 & Edision Primo IP S2.
90cm for 7W/15W; 1.2m CM in storage.
My Location
UK
Thank you for your reply, my TV SAMSUNG - UE55NU8000TXXU with built in twin satellite tuner asked for post code during Freesat setup but, would not accept my post code and kept saying "Invalid postcode", after many attempts with various post codes from different area's which it still would not accept, it eventually moved to the next step tuning without postcode which, I thought was a bit odd. In the end it works but wrong regional TV (news & weather etc).
We are planning on buying a Humax (shortly) as we need a recording medium anyway so, a Freesat recorder later today.

I will let you know how we go on.

Thanks

It seems like you're having trouble accessing the Freesat home transponder for some reason. All Freesat receivers search this during initial setup, with the postcode stage being dependent on the reception of certain data streams. If a Freesat device can't see the home transponder, it'll eventually use the Default Region (with BBC1 London etc) using the SDT broadcast on other transponders carrying Freesat services.

Have you got any way of testing the signal strength on 11428H, DVB-S QPSK, 27500, 2/3?