Xcam not recognising card inserted

Viper

Reaction score
My Location
Bristol
Ever since I loaded Xcrpt into my Xcam, I can't get it to see that a card is inserted. This means that it won't power up the loader card to reload new firmware. I've got around this for the moment by powering the loader from an external 5v, and I can now reload V1.092, but it still won't recognise a card. Has anyone had a similar problem ? I guess the Xcam flash must be corrupted, but without an original rom image, how can I fix it ?

George

damiano

Reaction score
Viper said:
Ever since I loaded Xcrpt into my Xcam, I can't get it to see that a card is inserted. This means that it won't power up the loader card to reload new firmware. I've got around this for the moment by powering the loader from an external 5v, and I can now reload V1.092, but it still won't recognise a card. Has anyone had a similar problem ? I guess the Xcam flash must be corrupted, but without an original rom image, how can I fix it ?

George

I have the same problem!!!if you have a solution please send me it.Thank you.

grex23

Reaction score
siberboy said:
I have the same problem:(
And i have the same problem. Anybody found solution for it? I have xcam ver 1.091 and when i put programmer board into it my receiver doesn't recognize x cam, and x cam itself starts to intitialize . WHY WHY WHY??????

colin_w

Reaction score
grex23 said:
And i have the same problem. Anybody found solution for it? I have xcam ver 1.091 and when i put programmer board into it my receiver doesn't recognize x cam, and x cam itself starts to intitialize . WHY WHY WHY??????

I loaded mine with 1.095 version - with the cas II plus add on - mine seems ok ?

grex23

Reaction score
Wow, yesterday I left module alone for couple of hours was very hot. After some time when got cold i started working on it again. And i was surprissed that wask okay and I putted programmer boadr on it and was not initialise anymore, so I could re program it . now I have version 1.094 and seems to work fine. Anybody knows better version where I could have multivision, POLSAt working and Cyfra + working with original card.? Thanks

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
I just got a brand new xcam though the post today, cam functions fine but strangly wont read cards. The light on the loader board doesnt turn on, so i'm assuming that there is a dodgy connection inside the cam. But i'm not willing to try and dismantle it to find out. Guess I'll have ot hope the guy takes it back. Though problems like this end up making this hobby doubly expensive.

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
Viper said:
I've got around this for the moment by powering the loader from an external 5v, and I can now reload V1.092, but it still won't recognise a card.

Reading this had just made me think that for some reason the cam is not sending power on the pin, hence any inserted card is not receiving the 5v it needs to power up. The question is why no, i guess the board must be damaged or a dry joint or something.

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
Just to follow up from what colin w has said, i contacted the retailer and he has said:

Sometimes it's known, that Bootloader "hangs up" of the X-CAMS. Reprogramming (even the same version) by a CAS Programmer (if you have one) would work.

Just got to get access to one now!

colin_w

Reaction score
damhy said:
Just to follow up from what colin w has said, i contacted the retailer and he has said:

Sometimes it's known, that Bootloader "hangs up" of the X-CAMS. Reprogramming (even the same version) by a CAS Programmer (if you have one) would work.

Just got to get access to one now!

well by the look of it u in kent ? - me in north wales - the only way because of the distance - would be by post !!
if u would like to post it , I would program it for u - and return it !!
no charge - only the postage !!

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
Thanks for the offer colin, although I managed to get the cam reprogrammed today and it failed to rectify the problem. The retailer has been no problems in offering to take it back for immediate replacement now that I have tried out the suggestions, so I guess I'll just have to wait for the new one!

colin_w

Reaction score
damhy said:
Thanks for the offer colin, although I managed to get the cam reprogrammed today and it failed to rectify the problem. The retailer has been no problems in offering to take it back for immediate replacement now that I have tried out the suggestions, so I guess I'll just have to wait for the new one!
I have sorted it !!
firstly yes - it did not reconise the loader !!
using cas 2 with add on - cas v50
but just load - fun five files - then reload cam using card option !!
it loads upto card 3 - then stops at 95 % finished
but don't worry - just restart cam
it then comes up with xcam module
then insert loader - using cas two - press erase cam ( don't worry about selecting loader just erase on free to air channel - I use bbc world 13oE )
loaded xcrypto 111.bin
and program - hey presto it works !!

if anybody would like the files I used please let me know !!
also if anybody would would like me to do theirs - just post to me , I will do and post back !! ( no charge - except postage !! )