XCAM PCMCIA - XP Drivers?

I am trying to update the Xcam via the PCMCIA slot in my laptop.However I do not have the correct drivers for the XCAM module it seems as the laptop does not even recognise the XCAM module when inserted? Any advice on where I can get the XCAM drivers for XP?

thanks , Rory

rryshway said:
I am trying to update the Xcam via the PCMCIA slot in my laptop.However I do not have the correct drivers for the XCAM module it seems as the laptop does not even recognise the XCAM module when inserted? Any advice on where I can get the XCAM drivers for XP?

thanks , Rory
hi m8
everything you need came with xcrypto_1078. Hope someone can give you a link to this.
regards
tighbuidhe

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi rryshway,
I can't find xcrypto_1078, but this site has xcrypto_1088 version and upwards, perhaps one of these will work.
_http://www.sat-key.org/
Just click on the Cam files link in the right hand pane.

Merry Christmas
Mickha

tighbuidhe said:
hi m8
everything you need came with xcrypto_1078. Hope someone can give you a link to this.
regards
tighbuidhe
Hello , i do have xcrypto_1078 but how does this help , is this not the data I need to put on the card after it has been recognised? I still can't get the laptop to even recognise the Xcam module as it cannot find a driver , and I have directed it to all the directories , CDROM that came with the receiver etc.

I Think Every Body Faild To Do This Even By Version 1.78 .
The Xp Will Not Recognize The Xcam With These Files
Please Do Something About It Ithink This Is Chronic Problem With All Xcam Users

gerryl

the Xcam MUST have the '-p' revison of the firmware loaded in block 0 - this can only be done using a dummy card or Cas2 with v5 of the casstudio software...until then the laptop will NOT see the Xcam correctly.

1 - update the XCam firmware in block 0 to '-p' with dummy card

check the Cam firmware should be....'1.XX-p'

2- 'only' then follow the PCMCIA install !

good luck

gerryl

pat.sequeira said:
i have a xcam premier and i need help to find the software to update .
i have got 1090p on the cam .
thank's

see... 'jarod2005'... 3 posts above yours ! the url link to all ye need is there...pay's to read the posts first :ch1

gerryl said:
see... 'jarod2005'... 3 posts above yours ! the url link to all ye need is there...pay's to read the posts first :ch1
That's not quite what we look for:
I too need the pcmcia drivers for the xcam to work in my laptop. Above mentioned files do not contain for instance
the xcam.sys file; but I haven't been able to find it yet.
Supposedly it IS packaged in the http://magictrance.famboom.com/xcam/1078/xcrypto_1078_Pcmcai.zip

However.......this server does not offer this file anymore.
Who can provide a working link to this file?

Thanx!

Pcmcia drivers for the xcam are packaged in the _http://magictrance.famboom.com/xcam/1078/xcrypto_1078_Pcmcai.zip
However, you should use XP. It works only with this. I personally checked it yesterday with SP1. After that I installed SP2. It still works.

X-Crypto file removed, please read the rules, no emulators or files containing keys to be posted. Admin

Thanks Admin, not looking for keys, but for XP-drivers to
use my Xcam in the laptop.
SzSzilard, could you mail the drivers? Or PM me? I was denied a PM by the site, so can't get further from here...thanks!!

stevo

My Satellite Setup
dreamboxhd 800 pvr
2 x dreambox 500s
globalstar-m6 free to air
1 metre dish
80cm dish
60 cm dish
all via diqsec switch.
My Location
england
can anyone point me in the right dirrectsion for the drivers for a pakard bell,also matrix cam not seen,can anyone help.

reghards stevo

My Location
north east england
hi stevo

i have a pci adapter installed in my desktop but the loader i used was for a laptop which i got from www.matrixcam.com/laptop.htm .i have been able to upgrade my matrix reload using this loader at 17 you use the update file you wish to use. i have loaded mrv218 successfully hope this is of some use to you . best of luck emachines.

My Satellite Setup
humax
My Location
uk
When i insert my xcam into the pcmcia slot it finds SCM DVB_CA_Module I downloaded the driver but when i try to install it it won't install my version is 1.03 Xpinstall is the driver i installed

can you please help me install my driver
thanks

mumtazrizvi

My Location
Pakistan
Hi Dear Mates

Good Afternoon

I have the correct drivers which should work with XP
using Pcmcia slot because I am also updating my X-Cam
using Pcmcia slot but.. you must be having a Loader too.

Regards

Mumtaz Rizvi :)