Xoro HD 8660 receiver - User Manual required

George T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion+ Fortec Star HD free sat receiver - computer not involved in this set-up as unit is connected to a TV via HDMI cable and to another T via SCART lead. Dish is aimed at one of the Astra Satellites covering the UK and part of Northern Europe.
My Location
UK
I had to give up on getting any s/w updates on my Fortec Star Passion HD+ box - looks like they have dropped support for it.
So I bought a Xoro 8660 from Conrad Electronic. Unfortunately, what they didn't state on the website was that the unit is for the German home market. No UK 3-pin plug adapter and the User Manual is in German Only.
I complained and have now received an adapter, but no English User Manual - I have requested this again, but do not hold out much hope (the available download is only in German - I can't read German).
Does anyone on this forum have an English translation?
There is only so much setting up that one can do by intuition - sometimes you can't do without a guide/manual.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Fortec were always bad for dropping receiver support - although as the Passion was first produced 8 years ago its hardly surprising its End Of Life.

If you can find an online version of the manual you can run it through google translate to get a reasonable idea. However Ive always found I rarely need to look at the manual, any receiver that isnt fairly intuitive probably needs more development work!

George T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion+ Fortec Star HD free sat receiver - computer not involved in this set-up as unit is connected to a TV via HDMI cable and to another T via SCART lead. Dish is aimed at one of the Astra Satellites covering the UK and part of Northern Europe.
My Location
UK
Thanks Blademedia, but I had already been there and the only manual they have is for the 8540 - remote control buttons have different labels.
Also thanks to Analoguesat for the Google Translate idea. I was already about to do this when I decided to ask the question on here first.
The original German Language version is downloadable as a PDF, so I will have to do the copy-and-paste thing after all.
Thanks for your replies. I'm just surprised that an on-line Electronics Company selling in the UK doesn't have the correct manuals.
The Irish Satellite company's identical offering includes an English Language Quick Start Guide (in addition to the German User Guide).

Last edited:

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its could well be a grey import - not designed for the UK market.

George T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hello Baldemedia, I downloaded and installed this program. As it does not have any valid certificates and isn't a Microsoft Product, I decided to uninstall it without using it. Just cannot be too careful these days, even though no virus was detected within the software, it could be an exploitative one.
So thanks for the thought.