Xtreme Hornet - Updating firmware and bootloader

M

madlib667

My Satellite Setup
xtreme hornet
My Location
nl
Hello!

Recently my Xtreme Hornet Skycrypt (XSC-550ANV, HW12.03.A5) was updated in a Sat shop the only thing is they put
freaking lousy software on it from Sunny. So i want to change back to the original firmware. It seems they also changed
my bootloader.. so my question is now when i perform the update to the original firmware do i need to first update the
bootloader and then the firmware ? or the other way around ?
thanks !

What are the recommended versions for the bootloader and the firmware now-a-days ?

i found the following;

Bootloader (BL_618v2_conv)
Firmware (XSC-520ANV_HW12.03.A5_SW12.05.04b)

Thanks !

P

PCD

DB Magician
You will get all you need in hornet-stb.com, fookfiles and toes. More recent firmware with cabo and fullx, freex available. Regards, pcd.

A

Artist 2004

Anatolia correspondent
My Satellite Setup
GoldMaster 7400 CIM 2MB with Kaon board 12.03.a5. Technomate 1000, Technomate 5200 USB.
Two 80cm offset dishes.
My Location
West coast, Turkey
madlib667 said:
Hello!

Recently my Xtreme Hornet Skycrypt (XSC-550ANV, HW12.03.A5) was updated in a Sat shop the only thing is they put
freaking lousy software on it from Sunny.
<snipped>
Hi, I also have 12.03.A5 (in a Goldmaster box), and am delighted to find another owner who is an English speaker! I regularly update the software / keys myself, and usually it's Sunny software as there's tons of support for it on internet, mostly in Turkish web sites. I have found Fookfiles / Toecutters useful but basic as this hardware is not very well supported outside Turkey. Anyway, cutting the waffle I was just wondering what you disliked about the Sunny software?