Xtreme MSR 5690CXCI

I have just bought an Xtreme MSR 5690 receiver, Dynamite, Dragon CAM with loader and Firecrypt. The receiver can not recognise the programmed loader card and Firecrypt. When I load a Dragon CAM it says Firecrypt 1.1.

The receiver can not get FTA. Even if I substitute my n** cable box, I still get nothing although my viewing card is recognised. Please advise how I can solve this problem.

What is programming a receiver, and do I have to open it. How do I update the software.
Please help, I am new.
Tadi

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Seems to me that you have more than one problem here, first being your satellite connection, what satellite is your dish aligned to?

Why are you trying to connect a cable box to a satellite feed, or are you trying to connect your satellite receiver to a cable feed?

At the moment no where, I just want to set it up for export to be aligned to Panamsat PAS7/10.

I was connecting the receiver to a cable feed to find out if there is anything to watch.
-------------
Tadi.

The idea is to set up the xtreme receiver for watching Panamsat PAS7/10 in another country. It is not connected to any dish at the moment.

Removing my *l box and putting xtreme receiver is to see whether I can get the same channels with the same smartcard. This is to confirm it can decode nagravision with the same smartcard. I even tried to input the output of the *l box. Inputting the output of an *l box and an aerial should serve as FTA, since there is nothing to decode.

I used a dynamite programmer to program the loader card. After that I tried to load the xtreme receiver. The Dragon CAM came with a loader card and Firecrypt XplusTV card.

I have even loaded Dreamsoft 1.41 and then Dreamsoft 1.40 to the xtreme receiver but I still get nothing.

I am new to this, and I need all the help I can get.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You cannot test anything by connecting your satellite receiver to a cable feed, it simply will not work.