xxx image for D'box

chuckles

Reaction score
Just trying this out, anyone else using it? Its all in German mind you, which is taxing the big(not very) muscle aboove my shoulders.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
chuckles said:
Just trying this out, anyone else using it? Its all in German mind you, which is taxing the big(not very) muscle aboove my shoulders.

You're a brave man chuckles - keep me posted on your findings please

chuckles

Reaction score
gameboy said:
You're a brave man chuckles - keep me posted on your findings please

Waste of time, I think, does not have key download as far as i could see and come pre-installed with cams. Limited menu system, unless I was missing something.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
chuckles said:
Waste of time, I think, does not have key download as far as i could see and come pre-installed with cams. Limited menu system, unless I was missing something.

Did you load a sat first. Before you tried to download.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
chuckles said:
Yes? Why?

On dbox you wont get the control panel without loading a Sat first, Not sure about Sending your settings back in though. Was looking at the triple Dragon. She looks impressive.

chuckles

Reaction score
Ok, thanks, I've abandoned it for time being. Back to gemeni, but cant understand why my sat settings keep going to "removed service"?

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
chuckles said:
Ok, thanks, I've abandoned it for time being. Back to gemeni, but cant understand why my sat settings keep going to "removed service"?

I think your sats were stored on your usb/Hd. If I take out the usb stick the removed service comes up. But when i put it back in and reboot, it comes back. So you might want to look at your settings, where you have them stored. Or you might have to load them again. If there were back on gemeni you must have lost them on the last image. I know the feeling.

chuckles

Reaction score
john_graydon said:
I think your sats were stored on your usb/Hd. If I take out the usb stick the removed service comes up. But when i put it back in and reboot, it comes back. So you might want to look at your settings, where you have them stored. Or you might have to load them again. If there were back on gemeni you must have lost them on the last image. I know the feeling.

Thanks.
This keeps happening to me, only with this image it seems, although I expect its to do with my var file being too small. As a newcomer to the dreambox scene I'm unsure of how to move this to my usb or HD. There does not seem to be an automated methon on the gemeni menu?
There is a "swap" file option, but that appears to have no effect on the var file size.

Any chance you could enlighten me or point me in the right direction?

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
chuckles said:
Thanks.
This keeps happening to me, only with this image it seems, although I expect its to do with my var file being too small. As a newcomer to the dreambox scene I'm unsure of how to move this to my usb or HD. There does not seem to be an automated methon on the gemeni menu?
There is a "swap" file option, but that appears to have no effect on the var file size.

Any chance you could enlighten me or point me in the right direction?

Go into flash wizzard pro. Enter the configuration & utilites panel. Format usb or HD. Then go into Install or remove a firmware in multiboot. Then place the image in folder and it will load it for you. Load to USB or HD, it will ask you. Try that and see how you get on. Going to load the Gemeni image into multiboot myself now.

***Loaded both Gemeni and triple XXX into USB. Gemeni loaded ok and download panel worked. Now trying the Triple XXX.
********Triple xxx wont work. Flash wizzard crashed when loaded 100% twice. Will download another one after. Problem is its flashed to usb but not loading.

chuckles

Reaction score
I dont think that quite what I wanted. I dont want multi images, just a bigger var file. (we all want a bigger one dont we?)

I thought you could move it to usb or HD, but I dont know to do that. With Hydra it was a menu option, but cant find it on Gemeni.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
chuckles said:
I dont think that quite what I wanted. I dont want multi images, just a bigger var file. (we all want a bigger one dont we?)

I thought you could move it to usb or HD, but I dont know to do that. With Hydra it was a menu option, but cant find it on Gemeni.

Go into flash willard pro. Then into install or remove a firmware in multiboot.
Now what have you got. Theres is a small window saying ON FLASH what have you got in there ???????????????? Lets know

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
john_graydon said:
Go into flash willard pro. Then into install or remove a firmware in multiboot.
Now what have you got. Theres is a small window saying ON FLASH what have you got in there ???????????????? Lets know

Think I got to your problem. The xxx image i think are a no go for the dreambox tried 6 times today to load an xxx image and failed all in the same place except for 2. 4 loaded 100% only to crash flash wizzard before it could flash them over. 1 loaded but lost all setting and then crashed dreambox 3 times. the last one which was downloaded from a german site would only go into flash, thought that was a no go as didnt want that in there. So going to abandon the triple x until someone get a stable one.

chuckles

Reaction score
Can no one tell me how to increase var size in Gemeni image? I'm not using multiboot, just a straight forward flash installation.

I'm sure it must be possible with telnet command lines?

fallan

Reaction score
Hi guys..

I may have been fortunate but I have it loaded on HDD and USB stick.
Working perfectly, first time.

Are u using the latest......??
which isTripleX R108.2 Sc*m+Newc*md included. The old one didn't have the emus in.
It came out 6.1.05 (PS Can't see how you upgrade it tho when k*ys need change.

regards
fallan

chuckles

Reaction score
*john_graydon

Just got round to looking at fl;ashwizaed pro, boy thats a great piece of software, and it solved my var problem!
Should have listened to you earlier.

Bl**dy dish has come unhinged in all this wind, so no viewing to-night!

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
chuckles said:
*john_graydon

Just got round to looking at fl;ashwizaed pro, boy thats a great piece of software, and it solved my var problem!
Should have listened to you earlier.

Bl**dy dish has come unhinged in all this wind, so no viewing to-night!

Good to see you sorted. I think you had your image in flash instead of multiboot and you were trying to move it out of flash to multiboot. Do you see how much space you have now.??