Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Does anyone have one? Any good?

I've been offered for a reasonable price and am thinking of taking it. It will either replace the ancient but perfectly functional Marantz SR4200 downstairs or, more likely, the Kenwood KRF-V6080D in my office/play room. Since I am pretty much deaf, I probably won't appreciate the improved(?) sound quality but it does have network streaming capabilities as well as HDMI switching, which would be useful with my ever growing kit.

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
I had the 673 Version just over 2 years ago its a Great AV receiver so the 675 if its a good price is well worth it, aAlthough being a Denon fan myself it was the first Yamaha AV receiver i have had for over 10 years but i still liked it and it has some great functionality.

I believe that Yamaha was one of the first to offer the feature that lets you assign another audio input to any of the HDMI inputs, probably why i first bought it as i wanted this feature so i could watch my 3pm games through the sat receiver but have the audio from 5live from either the FM radio input or the Internet Radio streaming input.

well worth the money

A

Archive-8

Yamaha kit is always a safe bet.

I have an early av amp (stereo) I used to plug in to my vcr back then. It's 23 years old now and still going strong:-)

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
near Geneva, Haute-Savoie, France
I have the 475 and think it's great, but then it's the first amp I've bought so am not really in a position to judge :) Minor quibbles - you can't stream to it with bluetooth and the onscreen UI is a bit 1990s.

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
I have the 475 and think it's great, but then it's the first amp I've bought so am not really in a position to judge :) Minor quibbles - you can't stream to it with bluetooth and the onscreen UI is a bit 1990s.
Replying to my own post - too late to edit :) Is the RX-V477 that I have (not the 475). I half wish I'd gone for the next model up, the 577, which offers 7.2 sound to give myself more future flexibility (that being said, am already meeting a fair amount of resistance over placing the rear speakers just for the 5.1 :) ).

battenfan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m pf
My Location
60N 18E
Rx-475 (and similar) owners may enjoy running a greasemonkey script in Firefox and make the web interface behave as it were a rx-v677
https://monkeyguts.com/code.php?nav=descr&id=280
I don't understand why Yamaha chose to hide this, it doesn't add any additional functionality that the remote already do.

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
Rx-475 (and similar) owners may enjoy running a greasemonkey script in Firefox and make the web interface behave as it were a rx-v677
https://monkeyguts.com/code.php?nav=descr&id=280
I don't understand why Yamaha chose to hide this, it doesn't add any additional functionality that the remote already do.
Possibly incompetence :) "But we tested it with the latest box!!!!"

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
Have a yamaha RX-V1700, its the bee knees for connectability, will dig out a piccy of terminals or take another piccy later.

Regards

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
Here goes Yamaha RX-V1700 piccies had to take them again using lamp lighting:-

View attachment 78012
yam1.jpg yam1.jpg

Regards