yanksee/prog dvd problem

scuggy

Reaction score
My Location
north yorkshire near Middlesbrough
Hi all
I can`t seem to get it working
Prog dvb is installed and working and i have managed to find chanells on astra 19e and hotbird.
I tried putting yanksee in but dont think it works ?
downloaded version "Yankse-1-22.2-TT-W98" and put it in prog dvd folder, deleted xp version(i`m running millenium) but when i go to pluggins in prog dvb there isn`t anything there.
where have i gone wrong?
what chanells should i now be getting?
can i delete the data only (red and green disk icons) without causing problems?

I have read the guides but am still strugling

any help please

scuggy

homerjay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Spiderbox 9000HD, Super DARK MOTOR, 80cm Dish, SKY+ HD, HTPC w/7MC
My Location
Chorley, Lancs
ya dont deserve to get it working if ya using windows ME!!! ;o)

have ya got ALL the files for yankse, i beleive its split up into 2 downloads these days. plus ver 1.30 is te lastest i think?

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Yep he's right ya know..
Yankse needs the contents of the Yankse common files folder put into the ProgDvb dir as well as the 1.22 or 1.30 dll file

let us know how ya doin with it
good luck :)

K

kalamar

Yankse is not comissioned for Win ME only 98(2best) and NT5+ unicode.
youse is better to use an older version of Yankse until you get it mastered,the new versions do not contain internal MECM data and this must be in external file.You will not have autoroll with it set up the way you have it. Best things happen when Fenrir and nagra directory is in ProgDVB root too.Me do suggest Yankse 1.07.0 to begin out with.So you not go nuts and give up.

scuggy

Reaction score
My Location
Ive now downloaded the new version 1.3 for win me and put it in the same folder as prog dvd (deleted ver 1.22)along with the yankse common folder it came with. is the folder the same as the root directory or should i be putting it somewhere else.You scowl at me using win me, should i upgrade to xp or not?

thanks for the reply
Scuggy

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I certainly would, but I'm sure kalamar would say W2K!

Either way, 32bit is the way to go.

K

kalamar

youse is got that correct Win2000 all the way.scuggy For a newbie yer walkin in deep water,you ought to try what I posted for you,I been doing this stuff since day 1 and I do watch tv everyday all day. new Yankse is buggy ,its well known,old version works fine and I see no difference in new features just more problems with external MECM

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Bear in mind though that older versions of Y*nkse won't do S*CA2 or (if you ever get over to 1W) C*nax.

K

kalamar

:BgOnAsTiCk:
-------------
Greetings !
what is the oldest version that will do S%CA2 and C7nax ? what im saying is to use a version that dont rely on external MECM data. I use 1.07.0 because it works flawlessly for me now if you are trying to do something that this version wont do then you do need one that will do the job. Just try to find a version with internal MECM BgOnAsTiCk do youse know/suggest something?

scuggy

Reaction score
My Location
ive actualy got yanksee in prog dvd pluggins now but still dont see any extra chanels. I have`nt got win 2000 so i`m going to try xp instead.
Ill keep you posted on how i get on

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
kalamar said:
:BgOnAsTiCk:
-------------
Greetings !
what is the oldest version that will do S%CA2 and C7nax ? what im saying is to use a version that dont rely on external MECM data. I use 1.07.0 because it works flawlessly for me now if you are trying to do something that this version wont do then you do need one that will do the job. Just try to find a version with internal MECM BgOnAsTiCk do youse know/suggest something?
Hiya m8.
From memory, 1.3.0.0 was the first to do the latest flavour of S2 (nanos, 9x, Via 2 and MT for 0070 etc.) and does current C*nax nano 63. The latter was first supported in V1.2.2.2.

V1.3.0.1 is a bugfix release, and that's what I'm on.

I agree that the bigger it gets over time, the more bugs are logically introduced, and the more that are fixed from last time.

Point is, you gotta move on at some point, so bite the bullet and do it.

P'raps you'll get XP now? :p

;)

K

kalamar

scuggy said:
ive actualy got yanksee in prog dvd pluggins now but still dont see any extra chanels. I have`nt got win 2000 so i`m going to try xp instead.
Ill keep you posted on how i get on
Yankse goes in the ProgDVB ROOT not plugins or anywhere else.

bigStIcK

are you complaining about Win2000 ?
XP is Spyware ! I have many copys of XP laying around, Even the "corporate" edition they call the "Devils Own" I just dont like it I want control of my computer not Billie boy. <grin>

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL, I have nothing against W2K, it's pretty good, it's just that I will always go with the latest version unless it is too buggy to use, which XP isn't.

I know Devilsown very well. To be honest, it's exactly the same as the corporate version of XP, the only difference between all the released PRO versions being the VLK, which tends now to be generated with the Bluelist KG, as the original DO VLK was blacklisted in SP1.

XP is not spyware. Turn off all the phone-home shit, and use a good aftermarket firewall. Even WU is safe, though I refuse WRM client updates.

We'll see about SP2.

Bring on Longhorn!

:)

K

kalamar

?onastick
Really there isn't anything you could do or say that would change my mind about anything ok?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Not my intention.

I'm sure you like your mind just the way it is.

Just my opinions.

Detlef

Reaction score
My Location
Bonn, Ostend
Have you looked in the Yankse monitor window. It should show if it is doing anything.
It needs to be set "Active".

or alternatively use this Yankse.ini data to edit yours (when Prog is not running)

[yankse]
Disabled=0
Log=0
LogECM=0
LogPMT=0
LogFirstECM=0
ReadPMT=1
AutoECM=0
FilterBogusECM=1
FilterUnknownECM=1
AllowAutoPIDS=1
LogBadKeys=0