Yellow House Card

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Q And Freest
My Location
Northern Scotland
Depending what box they were in when they were swapped to a white card, it appears some still allow certain Sky boxes to record & play FTA channels.

I don't believe this is a recent finding, so I'm still baffled as to why there is a sudden demand for them.
yes, thats exactly why, i have had 3 of the buggers and they were all inactive !

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Depending what box they were in when they were swapped to a white card, it appears some still allow certain Sky boxes to record & play FTA channels.

I don't believe this is a recent finding, so I'm still baffled as to why there is a sudden demand for them.
The one I managed to get some testing on last night before the box quit totally gave the message "no Sky+ entitlements on the card" so as I surmised in a previous post that one is useless.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
yes, thats exactly why, i have had 3 of the buggers and they were all inactive !
Loads of them would never have been in a Sky+ box, so would never have had the recording / placback added to them in the first place. Its only fairly recently that single tuner boxes have more or less disappeared.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Nah

Free recording on the fta channels possibly (if you are lucky with the card), but free Sky - absolutely not. If it was possible to get freebies like that it would be all over the internet & we would all be doing it

cokeaddict

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Ultimo4K, Uno4K SE, Uno4K, Solo4K, Zero4K, Duo2, SoloSE v1 & v2, Solo2, Ultimo, Uno, Duo, Motorised CM 1.2m dish, Hybrid Titanium Smart Lnb with CM feedhorn and a Zone2 minidish with Inverto Unicable II
My Location
53°E - 45°W

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Point us a a RELIABLE source how to do it and I will gladly give you one of my old cards once Ive proved the concept :D

Cant say fairer than that.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
free sky+ features then
As Ive already posted half an hour ago not all yellow house cards will work. It HAS to have been in an active Sky+ box. If it was in a single tuner box (and a huge amount of them will have been) the Sky+ wont have been enabled on it in the first place.

Also there is this scenario. When our last single tuner box died we got a Sky+ box - but it was quite a few years before I bothered getting the recording turned on as we never saw any point - so any yellow card in that box wont be active even though it was in a Sky+ box..... We wont have been the only person not to bother.

Gladstones

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zone 2 Fixed @ Astra 2
Gibertini XP 1 meter motorised
Technomate TM2600
Inverto Ultra Black
LG 55 UH770V
Octagon SX88+SE
XCRUISER XDR785HDR Avant Android 4K
My Location
Midlothian

very few record now a days anyway

Gladstones

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zone 2 Fixed @ Astra 2
Gibertini XP 1 meter motorised
Technomate TM2600
Inverto Ultra Black
LG 55 UH770V
Octagon SX88+SE
XCRUISER XDR785HDR Avant Android 4K
My Location
Midlothian
This yellow house card is growing like digital currency :-doh

cokeaddict

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Ultimo4K, Uno4K SE, Uno4K, Solo4K, Zero4K, Duo2, SoloSE v1 & v2, Solo2, Ultimo, Uno, Duo, Motorised CM 1.2m dish, Hybrid Titanium Smart Lnb with CM feedhorn and a Zone2 minidish with Inverto Unicable II
My Location
53°E - 45°W

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Isn't it easier to just get a modern recording box? I know Sky boxes are cheap as chips but they are awkward to use without a sub... Even with the right card.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Q And Freest
My Location
Northern Scotland
As Ive already posted half an hour ago not all yellow house cards will work. It HAS to have been in an active Sky+ box. If it was in a single tuner box (and a huge amount of them will have been) the Sky+ wont have been enabled on it in the first place.

Also there is this scenario. When our last single tuner box died we got a Sky+ box - but it was quite a few years before I bothered getting the recording turned on as we never saw any point - so any yellow card in that box wont be active even though it was in a Sky+ box..... We wont have been the only person not to bother.
I know that, i am just putting out a feeler to see if anyone has one from a sky+ box

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
The one I managed to get some testing on last night before the box quit totally gave the message "no Sky+ entitlements on the card" so as I surmised in a previous post that one is useless.
Mine works in a Pace TDS850NB HD box :Y