I recently bought a faster, replacement box second hand while I was over in the UK, I managed to get an unmarried card with the box. After connecting everything up and switching on, I also found that I could only view FTA channels. I did a forced software update and after that I could receive all the FTV channels as well.
When you select itv,does the banner headline say..For Your Information...if so the card should come on within 24 hours.......now if it says This card is not authorised.....then re read the sellers description.....if he says its working on itv,4 and five and it is not, then you want your money back.......claim thru Ebay.....brian
Go to Add Channels,enter frequency 10.891 H 22 5/6 or 10.832 H 22 5/6 or 10.906 V 22 5/6.....find and store....then select one of these on other channels and see if your card lets you see the programme
ps...it is the itv regions you must try to receive to test the card
4 systems. In Scotland Freesat with Humax Foxsat recorder. In Algarve 1.5 fixed Inv Quad LNB with 3 Pace 2600C1 and 1 Amstrad HD DRX780UK also 80cm dish with Inverto 0.2db monoblock LNB (19.2E/26E) feeding Technomate 5000CI+ usb.
That looks like an old software version, so do a forced update by carrying out the following:
Courtesy of Digital Spy Forum
(1) Put box into Standby;
(2) Remove the viewing card and put it back in the same slot UPSIDE DOWN (remember which way up/round it was for later (see (9) below);
(3) Press and hold the Back-up button* on the Digibox (not the remote control);
(4) Whilst holding that Back-up Button, switch off the power to the box at the mains - either with the switch on the socket or by removing the 3-pin plug from the wall socket;
(5) Count to ten slowly;
(6) Keep pressing that Back-up button and put the power back on to the box;
(7) Keep pressing that Back-up button and, when all four lights appear on the Digibox, release it (if your Digibox is connected by scart, there will also be a message on the screen stating an update is taking place and that it can take 10 minutes [but it can take longer]);
(8) When the box goes back to a single red light, leave it at least a full minute before taking it out of Standby using the Sky button on your remote control;
(9) Remove the upside down viewing card and replace it the right way up (make sure you put it back as it was when you first removed it);
(10) The box will switch to channel 998 - the Sky demo channel (it may say “Searching for listings” - don't worry - wait);
(11) When that clears, do a Services – 4 – 5 check to see the Operating System Version and/or EPG Software Version numbers have updated (the Model Number may also have changed);
*If you power off first and then press Back-up, it does not clear all the old software - so follow the above exactly for the most reliable results.
For those of you not getting ITV, channel 4 and 5 any more, and you don't subscribe to Sky, the easiest way is to subscribe to the Urdu channel Prime TV for the minimum 2 months (don't forget to cancel it within the two months. It costs £10 admin, plus £10 per month. Total £30.00 and that is only £6.50 more than the old Solus cards. The three domestic channels stay on when you cancel the contract.