Yellow House - no ITV,C4 C5

withnail

Reaction score
)(-red I just bought a Yellow House version Sky card off e-bay , but it doesn't give me the channels other than Beeb, God and Mamon.

Anyone got anyamazing ideas what I can do?

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Here's my thoughts.

When I bought a legit FTV card all the channels were listed, but I couldn't see C4 and C5. I phoned SKY and they activated the card.

Its possible that your card is still virgin :rolleyes:

Have Fun,

Mark.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Possibly worth leaving it in the box overnight and seeing if it just needs updating, if it hasn't been activated, then you probably won't be able to do anything with it.

Does your box see the card, ie, does it show the card number in system details?

cjgall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 4000PVR with Aston 1.07 CAM, (canaldigitaal), dragoncam,
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
Visiosat trisat looking at Astra1, Astra2 and Hotbird.
My Location
Netherlands & Central Brittany
I recently bought a faster, replacement box second hand while I was over in the UK, I managed to get an unmarried card with the box. After connecting everything up and switching on, I also found that I could only view FTA channels. I did a forced software update and after that I could receive all the FTV channels as well.

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
When you select itv,does the banner headline say..For Your Information...if so the card should come on within 24 hours.......now if it says This card is not authorised.....then re read the sellers description.....if he says its working on itv,4 and five and it is not, then you want your money back.......claim thru Ebay.....brian

withnail

Reaction score
O-no

n o basically what happened is that after I inserted the card, the listings for ITV, CH4 and Ch5 disappeared.

So before they were listed but no availabkle cos no card, and now they are not even listed!

have I been done?

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Unplug from the mains supply,then with the card in the correct slot and the right way round..reconnect the mains power....see what you get......brian

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Ok,What digibox do you have and what software version is it ....should be something like 3.1a5 or higher

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
And as per previous question, does it show the card number....It is important.

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Go to Add Channels,enter frequency 10.891 H 22 5/6 or 10.832 H 22 5/6 or 10.906 V 22 5/6.....find and store....then select one of these on other channels and see if your card lets you see the programme
ps...it is the itv regions you must try to receive to test the card

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Tell me the Ebay item number so i can read what the card description is.........brian

devonbrown

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
4 systems. In Scotland Freesat with Humax Foxsat recorder. In Algarve 1.5 fixed Inv Quad LNB with 3 Pace 2600C1 and 1 Amstrad HD DRX780UK also 80cm dish with Inverto 0.2db monoblock LNB (19.2E/26E) feeding Technomate 5000CI+ usb.
My Location
Scotlandl and Algarve
If you are in Britain, connect to telephone and do an install. i had the same problem and after I did this I could get the three channels but only via the add channel function

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I'm sorry guys, but until withnail tells us whether the box can see the card, this is all just wasted time.

He needs to go to services, system setup, system details, we then need to know if the card number is listed and what the operating system and epg version are.

If he is operating on an old version, it won't matter how many times he inserts the card, carries out new installation procedures, or switches off the box, it will not see the card.

withnail

Reaction score
Hi all

yes the card is listed

EPG version is 3.1a.5

OS is 1.254Bq

Box is Sony
Model s750.48

I am going to try Devon's advice of connecting phone line
what do mean by do an install after that?

withnail

Reaction score
OK well I have added some channels using the setting mentioned above, the result is that the display as ITV Anglia etc, but when I try to view them it says this card is not authorised

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
That looks like an old software version, so do a forced update by carrying out the following:

Courtesy of Digital Spy Forum
(1) Put box into Standby;
(2) Remove the viewing card and put it back in the same slot UPSIDE DOWN (remember which way up/round it was for later (see (9) below);
(3) Press and hold the Back-up button* on the Digibox (not the remote control);
(4) Whilst holding that Back-up Button, switch off the power to the box at the mains - either with the switch on the socket or by removing the 3-pin plug from the wall socket;
(5) Count to ten slowly;
(6) Keep pressing that Back-up button and put the power back on to the box;
(7) Keep pressing that Back-up button and, when all four lights appear on the Digibox, release it (if your Digibox is connected by scart, there will also be a message on the screen stating an update is taking place and that it can take 10 minutes [but it can take longer]);
(8) When the box goes back to a single red light, leave it at least a full minute before taking it out of Standby using the Sky button on your remote control;
(9) Remove the upside down viewing card and replace it the right way up (make sure you put it back as it was when you first removed it);
(10) The box will switch to channel 998 - the Sky demo channel (it may say “Searching for listings” - don't worry - wait);
(11) When that clears, do a Services – 4 – 5 check to see the Operating System Version and/or EPG Software Version numbers have updated (the Model Number may also have changed);

*If you power off first and then press Back-up, it does not clear all the old software - so follow the above exactly for the most reliable results.

withnail

Reaction score
no good i'm afraid

did it all precisely as instructed,. but software version stayed that same...
#

bradle01

Reaction score
My Location
West Sussex, Europe
For those of you not getting ITV, channel 4 and 5 any more, and you don't subscribe to Sky, the easiest way is to subscribe to the Urdu channel Prime TV for the minimum 2 months (don't forget to cancel it within the two months. It costs £10 admin, plus £10 per month. Total £30.00 and that is only £6.50 more than the old Solus cards. The three domestic channels stay on when you cancel the contract.

(0)8708 488685 to subscribe. UK address required.

withnail

Reaction score
That sounds like an excellent plan.

I haven't got through to them yet, but the answering service is in urdu ( i guess it may be punjabi) - i' sure a credit card will talk the right language though!