2 x dreambox 500s
globalstar-m6 free to air
1 metre dish
80cm dish
60 cm dish
all via diqsec switch.
My Location
england
got a solus card with the yellow house just b4 they stopped giving them out,is this card any good because the reciver i bought all ready had one in,but that stopped working,can i still phone up to get this card ativated ,or can i just put it in leave it on channel 103 for 24 hours.thanks stevo.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
When you received the Solus card originally did you have it activated? If yes then putting the card into the digibox for 24 hours or so should work (a card of mine restarted overnight after it had been out of a digibox for 6 weeks).

If the card was never activated you could try using the phone number on the card but I am not sure that it will still work.

PaulR

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Hi everyone,

I'll post my Q here as it continues on the same line.

I have one of the new FTV cards (mentioned above) which was activated and used in my old Panasonic 30 until the STB died.

Today I took delivery of a working Panasonic 30 and inserted my current card. While all the channels appear on the EPG, channels 4 (104) and Five (105) display a "upgrade your subscription" message.

Here's my Q. Is this the default message/correct message while the box/card sort themselves out?

I vaguely recall that Five usually appears quite quickly, while Channel 4 Usually takes forever. I could never receive the 2D channels.

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Answering his own post ...... yes, this is a typical screen message.

I was just on the phone to SKY FreeSat (as it is now called?) and while I was trying to explain the "upgrade" message - channel Five sprung into action.

So, if you are as dumb as me - be patient and - w a i t - for the card to do its stuff.

Interestingly the operator didn't have a clue and suggested I had an SKY sub card that needed to be re-paired to my new box.

Thankfully, something happened before she had time to flog me a FreeSat package: whatever :rolleyes:

Have Fun,

Mark.